I can never get the Death glitch to work

#1TVthePunisherPosted 6/20/2011 6:17:44 PM
Some videos I have seen show the player do the little backstep move as SOON as they enter Death's room multiple times, then they can just walk through. Others show the backstep move once, then they go to the secodn Warg that sends them flying straight back. And then others just go straight to the Warg...

I can never get any of it to work, I've already beaten the game completely but I'd like to start out with Alucard's stuff throughout the game. Every time I start the game I have 70 HP (though some videos I see shows Alucard starting with only 25, wtf?) and I have to wither it down to try and get 25 HP. And even when I do, if I get hit by the warg it never sends me flying straight back, it just sends me the normal distance which is only a few feet and now I'm down to less than 10 HP.

What am I doing wrong here? I'm tired of constantly restarting the Bloodlines stage and having to sit through the 2 minute story after it each time. ~_~

I've even tried going into the room and backstepping, but I'm never fast enough and it initiates the cutscene...which irritates the crap out of me.
---
Go, CJayC! *TV sent out CJayC*
Quick, now use Banstick...CRITICAL HIT, Troll has fainted .
#2zxxStasiSxxzPosted 6/21/2011 9:18:55 PM
Look in the cheat section for the cheat after you beat it that allows you to start with 99 luck. All you do is have a Warg hit you past Death's room.
---
Hoster of the all around fun gt for brink. BrinkGfaqs
#3snake_5036Posted 6/22/2011 12:27:50 AM
Alucard with lower stats and MAX Luck. Enter X-X!V''Q as your name.

Beat the game first. Then follow this and then look at a video of how to do it.
---
Useless Sig.
Same Time Posts:43....500th posts: 5
#4Sayre_CainPosted 6/22/2011 6:01:44 AM
This is TV, thank you both! I didn't have a saved completed game on my console anymore (I've switched Xbox's and memory units, unfortunately losing all previous data)...yet I still entered the name and I was given the stats provided. It worked nevertheless! I heard that it's not safe to go back through Death's room yet (I saved at the first save spot)...when should I head back there?
---
In 7 Days God was said to Create the Earth and the Stars, it won't take me 3 to undo his Failure.
#5Sayre_CainPosted 6/23/2011 2:16:00 AM
Nevermind, to be safe I progressed all the way until the encounter with Maria. Then I returned shortly thereafter and it was just fine. I had saved and previously tried going to the area, it glitched up pretty bad but now I'm good to go =) thanks for your help.
---
In 7 Days God was said to Create the Earth and the Stars, it won't take me 3 to undo his Failure.
#6kevinskiPosted 7/9/2011 7:55:44 AM
For the record, you just need to go to the Alchemy Laboratory. Once you've unloaded the Entrance, by entering that other area, you can safely go back to the Entrance and pass through Death's room. Also, I don't seem to recall Luck Mode requiring that you finish the game for it to work.
---
[ GamerTag ] kevinski com [ Web ] kevinski.com [ Wii ] 7030 8283 2535 8378
#7BrosephTroutPosted 7/9/2011 5:14:37 PM
In the PS1 version of SOTN you had to beat the game first to use the Luck Cheat but in this version you DO NOT need to beat it first to use it.
---
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs16/f/2007/133/4/e/This_Pear__by_leebyrne.jpg
#8TVthePunisher(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2011 11:06:55 PM
Ah, thanks for the future reference guys =)
---
Go, CJayC! *TV sent out CJayC*
Quick, now use Banstick...CRITICAL HIT, Troll has fainted .
#9PhantasialovePosted 8/11/2011 6:26:00 AM
I have been playing X-X!V''Q all along the different versions

You don't need to complete the game to input that code, even the PS1 version
#10Lord_ManinhoPosted 8/19/2011 8:23:35 AM
Phantasialove posted...
I have been playing X-X!V''Q all along the different versions

You don't need to complete the game to input that code, even the PS1 version

This is correct.
---
...My Signature is Only Visible to People With 350 or Higher IQ...