Blade master build

#1buizel777Posted 11/23/2009 11:01:20 AM
well i finally got a slayer up to 18 and now he is a blade master but i havent added any points into any skills yet. is this a good build and any suggestions to improve it? anything i should remove/add?

http://www.aradsociety.com/planner/?class=blademaster#040:vVj9PbuBd0TbuIfuQkwIbwOb0UbuOjuRbvUbvXbwPbuEivOivBbvYbwRbvNguHeuJfwSdwWb

---
... ... ...
#2CaptainKOPosted 11/23/2009 12:53:53 PM
I don't think you need guard because you'll rarely use that. Backstep cancel isn't needed since you'll rarely find yourself backing out of a combo. My opinion is to go pure Blademaster with no skill points spent on the outside.

---
It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt
#3davewaverPosted 11/23/2009 1:11:14 PM
^
totally awesome
---
T_T
#4Progamer2003Posted 11/23/2009 2:20:48 PM
I don't think you need guard because you'll rarely use that. Backstep cancel isn't needed since you'll rarely find yourself backing out of a combo. My opinion is to go pure Blademaster with no skill points spent on the outside.

Uh... you NEED backstep cancel for backstep cutter. How do you go "pure" Blademaster with no Backstep Cutter?

Guard + cancel is also a necessity, should you ever use a Greatsword or plan on having a last resort when backstepping enough. I dare you to try the Ridge or Bwanga's Training Camp and see you defend against attacks without guard or backstep cancel.

1 or 5 Wave Wheel Slash + Cancel is also a necessity. You can go "pure" Blademaster all you want, but be prepared to take damage whenever you're facing a Super Armored enemy.
---
The sword from your heart is the mightiest weapon of all. Believe in it, and it shall defeat your greatest enemies.
#5Progamer2003Posted 11/23/2009 2:30:48 PM
As for the TC's build, I would advise taking out Flip-side Counter and Tempered Attack. With the lvl cap at 40, maxing Flip-side Counter won't give you a very high activation rate.

Tempered Attack also needs to be removed. I understand that you want to save money on fixing your weapons, but Tempered Attack actually doesn't decrease the durability drop rate by much at all, especially compared to how much Overdrive wears down your weapons. Trust me, I maxed it, and it doesn't help much at all. It really just depends on the weapon. You'll find Lightsabres losing durability fast because of how many hits you get with Secret Slayer Technique. It's not nearly as bad with Greatswords.

Max Ashe Fork. It's a great fixed damage skill, and the shockwave increases in size with each level.

If you PvP, you will also want Wave Wheel Slasher lv5 + the cancel. Having a cancellable grab lets you counter against super armors mid-combo, and it also lets you use Wave Wheel Slasher during a on-the-ground combo or directly after a greatsword SST.
---
The sword from your heart is the mightiest weapon of all. Believe in it, and it shall defeat your greatest enemies.
#6CaptainKOPosted 11/23/2009 2:30:52 PM
Uh... you NEED backstep cancel for backstep cutter. How do you go "pure" Blademaster with no Backstep Cutter?

That's if you are trying to do semi-infinite combos.

Guard + cancel is also a necessity, should you ever use a Greatsword or plan on having a last resort when backstepping enough.

Greatsword is such garbage. It's better not even to sword swap as pure lightsabre do better than sword swap. This is speaking from experience in fighting and watching level 40s.

I dare you to try the Ridge or Bwanga's Training Camp and see you defend against attacks without guard or backstep cancel.

Backstep cancel maybe, but not guard.

1 or 5 Wave Wheel Slash + Cancel is also a necessity. You can go "pure" Blademaster all you want, but be prepared to take damage whenever you're facing a Super Armored enemy.

I play a Priest, I've had plenty of really good Blademaster eat my character up without Wave Wheel Slash. In fact, the move is overrated. Just to let you know, the two characters reknown for their super: Fighter and Priest.

Fighters are so fast it's hard to tag them with WWS unless they run into and and Priest can either dodge as monk or poke at you with Giant Launch so you will not be landing this too often. WWS isn't required to juggle.

---
It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt
#7Progamer2003Posted 11/23/2009 2:41:51 PM
Greatsword is such garbage. It's better not even to sword swap as pure lightsabre do better than sword swap. This is speaking from experience in fighting and watching level 40s.

...or, you could be pure Greatsword. I take it you haven't faced KimSung?

This is also speaking from experience in fighting and watching lv40s, as well as the higher levels professional Korean tournaments.

I play a Priest, I've had plenty of really good Blademaster eat my character up without Wave Wheel Slash. In fact, the move is overrated. Just to let you know, the two characters reknown for their super: Fighter and Priest.

Fighters are so fast it's hard to tag them with WWS unless they run into and and Priest can either dodge as monk or poke at you with Giant Launch so you will not be landing this too often. WWS isn't required to juggle.

That's why you use WWS as an on-the-ground finisher, not a spamming counter. That's also why you need lv5+ the cancel.

Also, juggling is not the same thing as floor combos.
---
#8CaptainKOPosted 11/23/2009 3:18:38 PM
h...or, you could be pure Greatsword. I take it you haven't faced KimSung?

This is also speaking from experience in fighting and watching lv40s, as well as the higher levels professional Korean tournaments.

Whom we'll never ever play and we'll never be as good as. I love it when people mention Koreans as if we are going to be as good as them. Most of American use makeshift styles.

That's why you use WWS as an on-the-ground finisher, not a spamming counter. That's also why you need lv5+ the cancel.

Let me say it again, I've been eaten alive by blademaster without WWS. Floor combos is not a good reason since most of the Blademaster were able to pick me off the ground without it.

Also, juggling is not the same thing as floor combos.

Actually, they are since you're bouncing the opponent off the ground half the time.

Every heard of SS + Upper + BCC + AF + Upper + SS + TS?

---
#9CaptainKOPosted 11/23/2009 3:25:07 PM
Every heard of SS + Upper + BCC + AF + Upper + SS + TS?

Sorry that SS + Upper + AF + BCC + Upper + SS + TS

---
#10crate3333Posted 11/23/2009 3:26:27 PM
Whom we'll never ever play and we'll never be as good as.

Doesn't matter which character you use then. Or which weapon you choose to master with blademaster, which is more relevant here.
---
The only opinion one should care about is one's own.
We did. You did. Yes we can. No.