ONe-Time items

#1UpyersPosted 3/20/2008 2:00:07 PM
I am on my third play through for my file(Want a Perfect File), and was wondering what items, are only obtainable, once, or twice, and is lost if you miss it(LIke Ifrit materia on FFVIII)

---
Working On Final Fantasy VII: Level 9 Perfect Game
Final Fantasy X-2: Level 5 Perfect Game
#2Upyers(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2008 1:37:08 PM
Bump

---
#3FranckKnightPosted 3/24/2008 2:02:05 PM
Actually, there's none I know of in this game. No place you can't go back to if you missed it. No major drop off a boss that you can't get anywhere else.
---
This Signature Space is Rented by Black_Mage_Nuke.
He pays in Republic Creds. Whatever that is.
#4Upyers(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2008 9:32:29 AM
oh ok, any items with onoly 1 copy in the game, Like Excalibur

---
#5FranckKnightPosted 3/26/2008 10:14:07 AM
Most of the items you can find in chests are one time only. There's a few exceptions that there's two chests containing it, like the Healing Staff (I think), Wizard Staff and Gauntlets.

Most of the items you get off bosses in the bonus dungeons are also one time, as even beating them again won't give you the reward more than once. The bonus dungeon chests rewards (like Soul of Chaos) are unlimited in theory, it's just a matter of patience to get several.

I didn't check at the full list of rewards in details, but there's chances that the bonus dungeons could contain copies of certain items, like White Robe for example. Most of the 'final gear' are unique.
---
#6Upyers(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2008 10:21:00 AM
kk thanks, and so I won't have to make an extra topic, what is the Ultimae set-up for my party

Knight, White Wizard, Ninja, Black Wizard

---
#7FranckKnightPosted 3/26/2008 10:31:54 AM
Can't help you there, don't know them by heart. But the game is very simple anyway, and the number of items limited so it's not hard to judge which is better. Though there's a few pointers.

-Masamune can be used by EVERYONE, since your Knight is already hitting very hard with Excalibur or Ultima Weapon (Soul of Chaos, Whisperwind Cove reward), you can give it to someone else that attacks. Masamune is not the game's best sword anymore though, so you might prefer another for your Thief.

-For mages, since you'll end up using your 'unlimited' spell items (like Gauntlets, Healing Staff...) put equipment that will increase their Intelligence rather than defense. Intelligence affects spells effects (healing and damage), wether they are used from magic or from items. You can't see items that increase Intelligence from the equip screen, but you can check out the equipment lists from guides for them. The best Intelligence weapon is the Golden Staff, a reward from Labyrinth of Time. Sage Supplice if not mistaken is the best for body piece, found in the Soul of Chaos dungeons.

-There's 4 Ribbons in the game, 2 during the game, 1 in the Chaos Dungeon and the last one in the Earthgift Shrine (Soul of Chaos). Even if they have lower defense, equip them as they protect against every bad status in the game, including instant death. If you don't care for status effects anymore, Genji equipment has some of the highest defense + bonus attack power you can find.

-The best weapon and body armor in the game are the Barbarian Sword and the Maximilian Armor, found in the Labyrinth of Time.
---
#8Upyers(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2008 12:30:37 PM
Thanks

---