Pass Rush tips

#1IronMan136Posted 12/10/2009 8:38:35 PM
I user control the D-Line on defence, normally one of the Ends. I can cover the run just fine, but I'm really weak when it comes to pass rush. I usually try to utilize the player's special move, but for DE's, it doesn't really get in fast enough. Any tips for pass rush?
#2valdarezPosted 12/10/2009 9:27:36 PM
What type of lineman are you using? Generic, Bronze, Silver, Gold? What type of teams are you running up against? Do you run a 3-4, 4-3? Are you trying to get a pass rush, or blitz effectively (definitely different).

I suggest you visiting http://www.2kfootballstrategy.com to get detailed information.
#3Foreman22Posted 12/11/2009 7:41:52 AM
I take control of a DE and pull him and rush right up the middle. Some claim this is a glitch although it's regularly done in the NFL.
---
Shania Is Still The One
#4valdarezPosted 12/11/2009 12:33:51 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5IronMan136(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2009 2:19:04 PM
I mostly use Manley and I don't like to do what Foreman does because I play sim. I do some designed twists, but no glitch twists like Foreman does
#6valdarezPosted 12/17/2009 4:59:13 PM
Good call. I personally enjoy playing Sim myself as well. I never understood utilizing exploits for any game.

Manley is a great choice at DE. Many consider him the best Bronze DE in the game, and I know several guys that will actually switch him out to LB in a 3-4 scheme (though I have never tried it myself).

If you're going to play Manley, then you want to use his Swim move. To use it, hold down A to charge it up, and then when you see it flash to indicate a full charge, quickly hit the RT (right trigger) and you will see him pull off a Swim move. This works really well if the offense is in a single back formation and the HB is heading tot he flats (not staying back to block) or if the offense is in a 5 wide set (no one back to block). In other sets, if he gets through quickly then you may have to get past the HB/FB as well, which is fine, because you're still bringing excellent pressure on the QB at that point.

One of the best ways to blitz, is to call a Razor Right on the DLine, and then have an LB shoot the B gap. This works really well against a weak / strong formation where the FB is lined up to the Left side. If the LB hits the gap fast enough, they have a chance (not guaranteed, but a chance) to get to the QB before the FB can move over to make the block. Many guys use this technique when playing online. (In online play, to counter, you need to call Protect Right on your O-Line, and be prepared to pull to the left with your QB so your FB can get in front of the QB to make the block).

If you aren't familiar with all of the moves for a defensive player, we have all of the controls posted at 2K Football Strategy. You can access them here: http://www.2kfootballstrategy.com/modules.php?name=2k8Football&pageId=Controls
#7Foreman22Posted 12/17/2009 6:57:22 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8Foreman22Posted 12/18/2009 5:36:06 AM
I mostly use Manley and I don't like to do what Foreman does because I play sim. So using a stunt/zone blitz like what's done in the NFL is not realistic? The alleged glitch does not have to be exploited. Just used to produced realistic sack results like in the NFL. When I do use it I use it in such a fashion after discovering how it can produced unrealistic results. Shame it was not patched if it really was a glitch. As for "charging things up" that just seems so arcade like to me. I don't want to resort to excessive button pushing/holding in my football games. But that's just me.
Weak very weak English in my last post. LOL!
---
Shania Is Still The One
#9IronMan136(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2010 1:37:04 PM
I wasn't talking about stud blitzes and twists, I was talking about when people take a DE and move them to the middle of the line pre-play. Thats what I meant
#10Foreman22Posted 1/14/2010 2:55:50 PM
I wasn't talking about stud blitzes and twists, I was talking about when people take a DE and move them to the middle of the line pre-play. Thats what I meant. But that's EXACTLY what I am talking about and Valdarez claims it's a glitch. How can something that is sound defensive football be glitch?
---
Shania Is Still The One