Differences between original SotN and PSP version.

#1TrueSinPosted 5/8/2008 1:40:54 AM
SPOILERS

I know you get an extra familiar, a fight with Maria, the ability to play with her once you finish the game, plus rewritten dialogue and improved sounds. Is there anything else?
---
If a machine is able to discover and comprehend the value of human life, then some day, perhaps we too, can do the same.
#2ValestyPosted 5/8/2008 2:43:52 AM
Actually I got 2 new familiars: N Demon and Fairy (not Faerie), just wanted to know the differences with their older version.
---
PSN: MrKarol
#3Magnum_DanPosted 5/8/2008 5:07:55 AM
The dialog is different.
You can also keep all of your stuff at the beginning without the luck code by just leaving the room with death as soon as you enter and then re entering.
Alucard seams to have a different voice actor as he makes different sounds.
I haven't gotten far enough to see any other differences.
---
You will KNOW my name is the LORD when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
#4ViolentKyoPosted 5/8/2008 10:07:01 AM
Two familiars, Faerie and Nose Demon (kinda useless) that were in the Japanese version of SOTN.

Sword Familiar is now in a different location because of the two new familiars.

Maria is playable, but she plays more like her RoB version than her Sega Saturn SOTN version. IMO, this was a bad move, because she's really weak now.

Completely retranslated dialogue. It's up to you to decide if you like the new dialogue better or not. Here's a comparison:
Original SOTN
Richter: Die monster! You don't belong in this world!
Dracula: It was not by my hand that I am once again given flesh.
Dracula: I was called here by...humans...who wish to pay me tribute.
Richter: Tribute?! You steal men's souls, and make them your slaves!
Dracula: Perhaps the same can be said of all religion.
Richter: Your words are as empty as your soul. Mankind ill needs a savior such as you.
Dracula: What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!
Dracula: But enough talk! Have at you!

PSP SOTN
Richter: Dracula! Die now and leave this world! You'll never belong here!
Dracula: Oh, but this world invited me. Your own kind called me forth with praise and tribute.
Richter: Tribute?! You're a thief. You steal men's souls, their freedom...
Dracula: Freedom is always sacrificed by faith, good hunter. Or are you truly here by choice?
Richter: All I'm here for is you. To hell with your heresy! You're nothing but a blight on mankind!
Dracula: Ha! Mankind...a cesspit of hatred and lies. Fight for them then, and die for their sins!!

New voice actors for the characters and familiars.

Boss fight with Maria when you get the holy glasses.

When playing as Richter, the down+X slide is no longer powerful, nor does it cut through enemies like in the original. The slide will do only minor damage, and will cause you to receive damage in return. It's not worth doing anymore.
---
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d196/shadowchief/iorisig.gif
#5shinkusanagiPosted 5/10/2008 4:59:34 PM
Wow i'm glad i still own the original psone version.
---
"RESISTANCE IS FLAMMABLE. NO ONE CAN SNUFF MY FLAME!" Kyo from KOF 2000
#6TrueSin(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2008 12:12:12 AM
That's it?! And I hate alucard's new voice. Thanks. :)
---
If a machine is able to discover and comprehend the value of human life, then some day, perhaps we too, can do the same.
#7UltimaGabePosted 5/11/2008 9:35:30 PM
Overall, which is better- this one or the original?
---
My Wii Code: 2880 5933 7415 4372
"A bear driving a tractor while talking on his cell phone with Batman makes more sense than this idea." -Xobelox
#8Arkane DenialPosted 5/12/2008 8:30:57 AM
50% of fans liked the new voices.

So it's deal or no deal.

---
Earn just by filling up surveys. NOT A SCAM and FREE.
http://www.AWSurveys.com/HomeMain.cfm?RefID=Crush_1st
#9shinkusanagiPosted 5/12/2008 4:20:53 PM
I hate all the voices for this new one. They should just kept the original voices and Dailogue.
---
"RESISTANCE IS FLAMMABLE. NO ONE CAN SNUFF MY FLAME!" Kyo from KOF 2000
#10BulletaPosted 5/12/2008 8:04:17 PM
Is there anything wrong with liking both? :P
The original voices remind me of Shakespearean overacting at times, just without the gaudy fake accents... there were also some very well done lines.
"Dracula! In the name of my mother I will defeat you again!"
"Lisa! ...Forgive me!"
Most all of Maria's dialogue in the good and best endings.
And, no matter what anyone says, Richter always made my skin crawl during the Colosseum scene... that wicked laugh... and, of course.. "OPEN HELL'S GATE!"
But I love the new voices, too. They have a more "natural" sound to them.
It's really just two different approaches, both of them were done fairly well and accomplished what they set out to do.
---
"Is it tasty?"