Sony have closed Studio Liverpool!!!

#11Hellfire_WZPosted 9/15/2012 5:07:43 AM(edited)
Red - Search on YouTube, that's about all that's public regarding Slipstram GX. Bear in mind its still a very early alpha at the moment. There's also a thread on WipeoutZone which the guys developing it are using.
---
PSNID - Hellfire_WZ
WipeoutZone Administrator - www.wipeoutzone.com
#12yoshinator112Posted 9/15/2012 12:23:00 PM
Wow...I honestly kinda feel like crying right now :'( I've been playing WipEout since the 1st game...it was my first ever racing game. Now one of my favorite series that I played all throughout my life (even still) is gone...R.I.P Studio Liverpool! I really feel almost like I've lost a good friend.
---
lI|PSN|Il Muramusa723
Men are equal; it is not birth but virtue that makes the difference. - Voltaire
#13_Red___XIII_Posted 10/1/2012 2:13:30 PM
Hellfire_WZ posted...
Red - Search on YouTube, that's about all that's public regarding Slipstram GX. Bear in mind its still a very early alpha at the moment. There's also a thread on WipeoutZone which the guys developing it are using.

Well it looks like it has potential, but it's very early in its' development. I hope they come through.
---
A man chooses. A slave obeys.
#14MindkillerNLPosted 10/1/2012 11:54:31 PM
I have been a fan of Wipeout since day one, I still remember getting the PS1 on launch day and playing the first Wipeout for days and days. Also don't forget the first Destruction Derby, which was also very awesome at the time.

I was really hoping for either a complete new Wipeout, following the rumours, or at least a couple or all the tracks from the previous Wipeout games in a nice HD-remake expansion pack for Wipeout HD on PS3.

Now these dreams are shattered, along with one of the greatest game develop studios ever!

R.I.P. Psygnosis / Studio Liverpool, thanks for all the great games you have given us.
---
~ It is my job as a human being to let my ignorance take control ~
#15_Red___XIII_Posted 10/3/2012 3:06:38 AM
Maybe I'll hedge my bets on this:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93538255
---
#16GROMABgladiusPosted 10/18/2012 1:52:08 PM
You can't be serious... And I just got into the series with HD/Fury... :'(
---
"I may or may not be a forum celebrity on the board for some game you probably never played. Care about it."
- coachroche
#17_Red___XIII_Posted 10/24/2012 1:33:08 PM
GROMABgladius posted...
You can't be serious... And I just got into the series with HD/Fury... :'(

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I played XL when I was really young and couldn't win at all so I dropped it. Way later I saw Pure always topping 'best PSP game' lists when I got my PSP in 2006 so I tried that and it was awesome. But I stopped using my PSP and completely forgot about the series. Then I just bought a PS3 for the sole purpose of playing Demon's Souls and Wipeout HD... a week before this announcement.

All I can say is take advantage of the multiplayer while you can, no one's sure how long dedicated servers will be up for HD and 2048 now that SL is closed. Just don't be surprised to get stomped, some of these players are insanely good. As Hellfire mentioned WipeoutZone is where the community is. Tournaments and big sets of games are still being organized there.
---
More topics from this board...
Wipeout HD Beginners TutorialHellfire_WZ291/9/2013