Empire Income Matrix (repost)

#1sandyandskipPosted 9/9/2008 10:41:21 PM
I posted the following text not long after this game came out. It's been a while and there are a lot of new players on the board so I thought I would repost my Empire Income Matrix for the new guys. Old text starts now...

I finally finished my Empire Income Matrix for the Empire FAQ I have been working on. Guess what? Highroller businesses make exactly the same amount of cash per day as Medium Venture businesses! Don't believe me? Here's a little test for you. Many of you out there have gone the 'Robbery x 30: High Roller: Hiest Master' route for making money with your empire ($126000/day total). Start downgrading your High Rollers to Medium Ventures and you will find that you make the same amount of money per day as you did before.
When I first did the calculations for this I was stunned. I thought I had messed up, not hard to do when you are working with 4 simultaneous equations in 4 variables. But after getting some outside data (thanks to: Vader99341 and NJFirefighter29 ) it became clear that I really had something. As far as I can tell, the High Roller businesses are only good for getting new clothes (6 specific outfits, 1 Smart Suit) and helping with the 100% total by building one High Roller of each business type.

Matrix to follow.
---
If you are using the Brady guide for anything but toilet paper, you're using it incorrectly.
"It's a game. Morality is for reality." - joeharamatheo
#2sandyandskip(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2008 10:50:21 PM
Empire Income Matrix - not for reproduction without permission! Coming to an Empire FAQ soon.

* Protection Racket *

Small Time: Nobody: $200
Small Time: Hoodlum: $400
Small Time: Ultimate Badass: $600
Medium Venture: Nobody: $300
Medium Venture: Hoodlum: $600
Medium Venture: Ultimate Badass: $900
High Roller: Nobody: $300
High Roller: Hoodlum: $600
High Roller: Ultimate Badass: $900

* Loan Shark *

Small Time: Nobody: $300
Small Time: Lifter: $600
Small Time: Crim-Reaper: $900
Medium Venture: Nobody: $600
Medium Venture: Lifter: $1200
Medium Venture: Crim-Reaper: $1800
High Roller: Nobody: $600
High Roller: Lifter: $1200
High Roller: Crim-Reaper: $1800

* Prostitution *

Small Time: Nobody: $400
Small Time: Panderer: $800
Small Time: Mack Daddy: $1200
Medium Venture: Nobody: $800
Medium Venture: Panderer: $1600
Medium Venture: Mack Daddy: $2400
High Roller: Nobody: $800
High Roller: Panderer: $1600
High Roller: Mack Daddy: $2400

* Drugs *

Small Time: Nobody: $500
Small Time: Dealer: $1000
Small Time: Smack Daddy: $1500
Medium Venture: Nobody: $1000
Medium Venture: Dealer: $2000
Medium Venture: Smack Daddy: $3000
High Roller: Nobody: $1000
High Roller: Dealer: $2000
High Roller: Smack Daddy: $3000

* Smuggling *

Small Time: Nobody: $600
Small Time: Mule: $1200
Small Time: Pirate Captain: $1800
Medium Venture: Nobody: $1200
Medium Venture: Mule: $2400
Medium Venture: Pirate Captain: $3600
High Roller: Nobody: $1200
High Roller: Mule: $2400
High Roller: Pirate Captain: $3600

* Robbery *

Small Time: Nobody: $700
Small Time: Larcinist: $1400
Small Time: Hiest Master: $2100
Medium Venture: Nobody: $1400
Medium Venture: Larcinist: $2800
Medium Venture: Hiest Master: $4200
High Roller: Nobody: $1400
High Roller: Larcinist: $2800
High Roller: Hiest Master: $4200
---
If you are using the Brady guide for anything but toilet paper, you're using it incorrectly.
#3LedgoPosted 9/14/2008 3:50:44 PM
I think the use of high-rollers are to have more gang members, make the place look bigger, and some other features.

That's what they're for, right?
#4TheDarqueOnePosted 9/19/2008 6:46:53 AM

SandyandSkip,

I really appreciate the work you put in here. This is exactly the sort of stuff I do when I really care about a game and I love to see it from others. Knowing what the Business can make is just basic useful information.

Even though they do not make any money I like to think of the 3rd level Business as the only damn thing you can spend your money on. After a couple of million for ammo, what else is there? Just to add some change to the game I occasionally alter 3-4 of my places. I really have a hard time understanding why R* would make it possible for us to make Millions of $$$, and then not give us anything to spend it on.

I mean come on R*, what did I ever do to you besides buy almost every single GTA game?

Kinda like the Sabre and I have a lot of them planted around town, but everything else is subject to change. Never got a Robbery in the game I am currently playing but that does not matter much to me. Since I tend to stay with one game run for quite a while I expect to see $100,000,000... and it will mean nothing at all. That is some accomplishment R*.

Darque

(-)

#5sandyandskip(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2008 9:56:54 PM
Yeah, I was kinda disappointed in the lack of stuff to blow my cash on. I can't really blame R* for it in the "Stories" games though. There was a fairly low limit to what you could put on a PSP machine, and the Stories were never meant to go to a real machine. Even after they decided to port them, they farmed it out to an outside code house. I am sure they told them, here's your $300K, port it and be done. The code house sure wasn't gonna go over budget to make changes to a game that isn't theirs. What can you do.

I miss Area51. He had such a fresh view on all this stuff. He started playing SA and now he's lost in the crowd over there. They've probably got him chasing Bigfoot.

At least the SA board isn't full of racist 12 year olds like the GTA IV (Xbox 360) board. Area51 would get basted on that board.
---