Blackout's All-Madden Settings/Sliders for '08 v1.0

#1Blackout2K5Posted 9/11/2007 8:39:44 PM
Disclaimer: These sliders are for realistic stats in Franchise Mode when playing your games. These will not affect games that are simmed. Included are the settings I use for my franchise. Use them if you want to achieve realistic results from your games. These settings have only been moderately tested by myself, so they are not complete and not perfect. Any help in testing these sliders for flaws would be greatly appreciated. No codes for the sliders will be included, because every time I entered the codes in myself, the settings turned out much different than they should have. So, I apologize for any inconvenience.

Game Settings

Quarter Length - 8 minutes
Skill Level - All-Madden
Coach Mode - Off
Injuries - On
Pre-Existing Injuries - On
Game Fatigue - On
Random Weather - On
Accelerated Clock - Off
Trade Deadline - On

Auto-Sub In - 83%
Auto-Sub Out - 92%

Note: Auto-Sub is not perfected, still tweaking this, so set this to whatever you see fit.

Penalties

Offsides - On
False Start - 8/10
Holding - 9/10
Face Mask - 10/10
Off. Pass Interference - 8/10
Def. Pass Interference - 10/10
KR/PR Catch Interference - 10/10
Clipping - 10/10
Intentional Grounding - 10/10
Roughing the Passer - 10/10
Roughing the Kicker - 10/10

A.I. Settings

Human/CPU

Offense

QB Accuracy - 9/20 / 8/20
Pass Blocking - 1/20 / 1/20
WR Catching - 10/20 / 8/20
RB Ability - 10/20 - 11/20
Run Blocking - 13/20 / 9/20

Defense

Awareness - 15/20 / 11/20
Knockdown - 7/20 / 4/20
Interceptions - 2/20 / 2/20
Break Block - 3/20 / 2/20
Tackling - 10/20 / 7/20

Special Teams

FG Length - 9/20 / 9/20
FG Accuracy - 0/20 / 0/20
Punt Length - 10/20 / 10/20
Punt Accuracy - 20/20 / 20/20
Kickoff Length - 9/20 / 9/20
#2Blackout2K5(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2007 8:50:42 PM
Guidelines and Instructions

- Always let the CPU opponent run the play clock down as much as they're willing to before picking your defensive plays. This will help keep the Time of Possession even between both times, or at least more realistic.

- Always choose Punt Block Return or Punt Block Zone. This allows the punt returner to get set up in the back field and it also helps run off a little bit more clock, adding to the CPU's Time of Possession because they'll ahve to readjust each time. This will also allow your return man to get a few yards from time to time.

- Don't eat up too much of the clock unless you have to. If you just want to run out the last 2-3 minutes of the half/game to keep a lead or win a game, that's fine. Otherwise the whole game will turn out lopsided and the stats won't be realistic.

- Make sure that you have at least 3 healthy MLBs at all times or additional OLBs, so that your HB isn't put in to block on Punt Returns. This will keep your starting HB healthy enough to get the ball if you want to run it after the punt return.

- Play smart. Don't try for the deep ball very often. Use it to throw the defense off balance or if you spot single coverage and think you can get away with it.

- Play the pass on defense more than the run. Control your safeties and corners to shut down the passing game, because it's not an easy task. Use the swat ball more than the intercept button, as well. Going for an interception at crucial points in the game could end up costly and could lose you the game.

- Will post more if I think of anything else ...
#3Blackout2K5(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2007 8:52:06 PM
Oh, forgot to post injury sliders ...

Injuries

In-Game Injuries - +3
Sim Injuries - +7
#4Blackout2K5(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2007 8:54:28 PM
One more afterthought ... I'm also controlling all 32 teams, but letting the CPU control the Owner Mode/Draft/Free Agent Signing, etc. The only thing I'm not allowing the CPU to control is the Re-Signing of players in the offseason, to prevent teams from releasing all of their top tier players. Because we all know the Bengals would not release Chad Johnson and the Bears would not release Brian Urlacher. This should keep things much more balanced.
#5Blackout2K5(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2007 11:25:07 PM
Okay, well ... I just had an incredible game using these settings. Seahawks (4-3) vs. the CPU-controlled Browns (3-4). I was down 7 with 3:00 remaining in the 4th. I get stopped and give the ball back to Cleveland. They drive it down the field, but are stopped before they can get into field goal range. They punt it and I run the ball back to about the 20. 1:56 remaining on the clock. On third down, I throw it down field to Burleson, who then outruns a defender that dives at him, before then outrunning the corner who almost caught up. 81 yard touchdown, tying the game at 31-31.

They get the ball back with 1:31 left on the clock and then proceed to drive the length of the field. They get it to the 30 yard line and I've run out of timeouts. They run the clock down to :01 and take a timeout, going for the field goal. They kick it, but it sails wide right and it sends the game into OT.

Browns win the toss and get the ball to start OT, but after several plays, Frye throws the ball right to Julian Peterson for the INT. This sets me up nearly in field goal range, so I run the ball to get a bit closer. Opting to kick the 38 yarder, Josh Brown puts it up, but it hits the goalpost and it gives the ball back to Cleveland.

Again, Cleveland starts to drive it back down the field, when again the drive is cut off by an interception by, once again, Julian Peterson. This time, a big run by Alexander gets me to the 15 for the field goal, so I take it. And unlike last time, this one goes right through and the Seahawks win the game, 34-31.

I'm convinced these sliders/settings just may be perfect after all. Here's some stats ...

M. Hasselbeck - 26 for 39, 287yds, 3 TDs, 3 INTs

C. Frye - 21 for 38, 192yds, 3 TDs, 2 INTs

S. Alexander - 29 Attempts, 134yds, 1 TD

J. Lewis - 27 Attempts, 80yds

K. Winslow - 5 Receptions, 145yds, 1 TD

N. Burleson - 6 Receptions, 128yds, 1 TD

J. Peterson - 8 Tackles, 1 Sack, 2 INTs

Those are just some of the standouts. I had 4 players on my team with 5+ tackles, with 3 others with 4+. The rest of my receiving corps had around 30-60yds, while Cleveland's had Braylon Edwards following behind Winslow, with 4 Receptions for 36 yards and 2 TDs.
#6SuprjayPosted 9/11/2007 11:32:08 PM
cool, thanks for posting the sliders, and from your game it seems like they are pretty good...will try them out tomorrow when i get a chance and post results
---
If this stupid poem could fix this home id read it everyday...Blink 182-Stay Together for the Kids
#7ReignFuryPosted 9/12/2007 12:25:17 AM
me too.
#8EiganPosted 9/12/2007 1:06:55 AM
Interesting set of sliders. I've settled in on a set of sliders for myself (13 min, accel clock) as well that I've tested for 23 games and counting. Gonna try this out sometime and see if it provides a good challenge. I got some questions though, right off the bat:

1) Any reason for the specific penalty settings? I have mine all maxed except for roughing the passer/kicker and I still lead the league in least penalties. False starts don't happen enough even on max from my experience.

2) How's the pancake stats? My sliders usually produce 2-5 pancakes which is somewhat decent. Does this fix those stats?

3) Are there a lot of WR drops on your side?

4) Is there a decent computer run game? I find that you actually have to increase CPU run blocking to improve their running game.

5) Why the high human awareness? In my experience, even at 10 (default), you will be stopping a lot of runs behind the line of scrimmage or close to it. Is this mostly to curb the CPU passing game?

6) I dunno about the CPU punt length. I end up increasing it to create a buffer for your punt returner in order to gain decent yards.

That's it for now, that's quite a bit of questions there. Like you, I'm just trying to find a challenging set of sliders that can produce realistic stats. Tbh, I'm surprised at how your sliders look similarly like mine. Hum QB Acc, Hum RB ability, Hum BBlock, CPU PBlock, CPU Awareness, and CPU tackling are all the same as my slider set (not counting special teams). Heck, even the in-game injury slider is the same.

Oh, one more thing...do you edit coaching philosophies? There's some good discussion at another website (http://forums.operationsports.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=217505) that details how to get slightly better franchise simmed stats. I give each team +6 pass on the Off Strategy and that helps generate some 4000 yd passers, and I also place the HB2 on the FB1 position and the HB3 at the FB2 position for certain teams in order to combat the excessive rushing stats. Seems to work.
#9Blackout2K5(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2007 2:10:52 AM
1) Any reason for the specific penalty settings? I have mine all maxed except for roughing the passer/kicker and I still lead the league in least penalties. False starts don't happen enough even on max from my experience.

It's set at 8 because I like to fake out the defense whenever appropriate. And I've found that at 9, it causes too many false starts on my side of the ball. This also makes it so that the CPU is more random in its false starts. I've seen games with one or two, then I've seen some with five or six. I like a good amount of penalties in any given game, a realistic amount. These just seem to provide that for me so far.

2) How's the pancake stats? My sliders usually produce 2-5 pancakes which is somewhat decent. Does this fix those stats?

The pancakes seem pretty good to me. Every once in awhile someone will get 8, but usually it's in the 2-5 range, like you said. Walter Jones is in second place with around 52 after 9 games, while everyone else trails by quite a bit, so that seems right to me.

3) Are there a lot of WR drops on your side?

Not a lot, but there's enough. I like where I've put it, because if they're wide open they catch it 80% of the time, but if it's in traffic and there are other players around, the chances drop to around 30%.

4) Is there a decent computer run game? I find that you actually have to increase CPU run blocking to improve their running game.

There usually is a really good running game from the CPU. I'm actually paused in the middle of a game against the 49'ers right now (They're winning 17-14.) and Frank Gore has around 46 yards on 13 carries so far and there's just under a half to play.

5) Why the high human awareness? In my experience, even at 10 (default), you will be stopping a lot of runs behind the line of scrimmage or close to it. Is this mostly to curb the CPU passing game?

Yeah, it's mostly to curb the passing game. You still see defenders get completely fakes out despite the high awareness, so you have to be careful. And while you do stop the run behind the line of scrimmage a bit, there are plenty of good gains that make up for it. I have thought about increasing the Run Blocking one or two more points, but I'll have to see what the consistency is like for a few more games.

6) I dunno about the CPU punt length. I end up increasing it to create a buffer for your punt returner in order to gain decent yards.

I've thought about increasing it as well. I always did in last year's game, but this time I've seemed to stay at an average return of 10-12 yards. It's not much, but it's better than nothing. I may still bump the punt length up a couple notches.

Oh, one more thing...do you edit coaching philosophies?

Some things. I change the HB1/HB2 ratio quite a bit, so that the backups can maybe get some of the handoffs. I don't generally mess with the strategy though, because I find it adversely affects the games I play. I haven't finished a full season yet, but when I do, I'll post if I see any unrealistic stats. I didn't get these sliders "perfected" for a few games into the season, so I've only got about 4 games under my belt with the current settings. It'll be hard to tell, but I'm hoping I fixed things in time to prevent 2000+ rushing yards for multiple players or even 1800+ yards for multiple players. And I'm pretty sure there will be a couple 4000 yard passers from the looks of things.

Anyway, if you get a chance, give these settings a shot. I've been having really fun, challenging games lately and it's really making me love playing franchise mode a lot more than I already was. Let me know what you think once you've had a chance to use them, all of you. Like I said, I'd really appreciate hearing any feedback.
#10Blackout2K5(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2007 3:02:34 AM
Just finished the game against the 49'ers. Lost the game 27-24. Some quick stats:

M. Hasselbeck - 16 for 41, 223yds, 3 TDs, 2 INTs
A. Smith - 6 for 18, 161yds, 2 TDs

S. Alexander - 18 Carries, 80yds, 1 TD
F. Gore - 31 Carries, 91yds, 1 TD

N. Burleson - 4 Receptions, 100yds, 2 TDs
D. Hackett - 3 Receptions, 68yds, 1 TD

D. Jackson - 5 Receptions, 96yds, 1 TD
V. Davis - 2 Receptions, 76yds, 1 TD

B. Russell - 8 Tackles
C. Darby - 6 Tackles
J. Peterson - 5 Tackles
K. Adams - 5 Tackles