END GAME SPOILERS Questions about the story including mana khemia 2

#1MysteriousSexyGPosted 6/4/2013 10:53:46 PM
Now, I never finished mana khemia 2 I played a little of it just to see what it was like before I finished mana khemia 1 until today I realized that in mana khemia 2 the main story takes place like 15 years later and the only characters that return to the school were zepple tony and flay now I wanna know do they ever explain what happen to the rest of the characters and what is cannon in the story line like did vayne really die or was it open for debate?

Also is Ms.Isolde suppose to be vayne's mother though vayne is a mana and his father created him through science experiments like was ms.Isolde in a relationship with vayne's father.

#2CorkadilePosted 6/5/2013 3:35:48 AM
It never says.

No.
---
This guy is not what he pretends to be. He's the Devil.
#3shawn10000000Posted 6/8/2013 10:38:59 PM
Well, i just beat the game and got flays ending, bout to go buy MK2, and heres my opinion:
Vayne sees isolde as his mother, not his blood mother, judging by how he acts torwards her in the ending. I got flays ending (dear god dat final skit) and gonna check youtube for the other 6 endings. Because there's multiple endings, they probably kept vayne out so people can pretend their ending was canon.
#4CorkadilePosted 6/9/2013 9:33:41 AM(edited)
The funny ting about that is that most of the character endings actually work together, at least to varying degrees.

Also, Nikki's ending is best ending.
---
#5TheSocialBunnyPosted 6/9/2013 7:02:54 PM
Gotta' agree that Nikki definitely scores the highest in the happiness department~^_^~. Well, technically they'll be stuck in a hell like no other for a few years, but happy ending is happy!

Outside of Vayne's own ending of course, Muppy's ending is really the only one that appears to be somewhat exclusive... assuming Muppy is dead serious and Vayne doesn't have an escape plan.

I'm also assuming that Anna has enough common sense not to flat out murder Vayne... actually, don't hold me to that. In actuality, Vayne is at an absurd disadvantage in the endings where he fights an ally though, as his entire established skill set flew out the window pretty much right after the last boss.

Nikki's ending is remotely exclusive, but only in that it would make Vayne one very busy man. The same deal with Pamela as it would involve relocating from town to town, although this doesn't necessarily contradict the other endings.

Actually, if you are of the school of belief that the Pamela Ibis is the same ghost girl as featured in the other Gust titles, her ending becomes suddenly a lot more depressing the more you think about it... Don't think about it.
#6CorkadilePosted 6/9/2013 7:10:50 PM(edited)
I would actually assume that Vayne is fairly busy, yeah. But that still doesn't mean there wasn't a timeline here, no one says Nikki's part comes at the same time as Pamela's. Good chance there was some time passing there. As Muppy from every angle seems to be tacked-on as an afterthought, I don't count anything having to do with him at all.

And the Pamela in all the Gust games aren't the same ones. This is obvious simply by paying attention to causes and places of death each time you can find out.
---
#7TheSocialBunnyPosted 6/9/2013 7:21:08 PM(edited)
Good point! ~^_^~

If I recall correctly, Jess' ending happens 5 years after the events in the game, so it makes sense for there to be chronological variation between the events.

Didn't know that bit about Pamela's other appearances! Mana Khemia is actually my first and only Pamela Ibis experience X_x. Kinda' sad to hear she didn't make an appearance in Atelier Ayesha though from what I hear (Well... at least not yet unless the magic of DLC says otherwise).
#8darkmaian23Posted 6/25/2013 11:53:31 PM
TheSocialBunny posted...
Gotta' agree that Nikki definitely scores the highest in the happiness department~^_^~. Well, technically they'll be stuck in a hell like no other for a few years, but happy ending is happy!

Outside of Vayne's own ending of course, Muppy's ending is really the only one that appears to be somewhat exclusive... assuming Muppy is dead serious and Vayne doesn't have an escape plan.

I'm also assuming that Anna has enough common sense not to flat out murder Vayne... actually, don't hold me to that. In actuality, Vayne is at an absurd disadvantage in the endings where he fights an ally though, as his entire established skill set flew out the window pretty much right after the last boss.

Nikki's ending is remotely exclusive, but only in that it would make Vayne one very busy man. The same deal with Pamela as it would involve relocating from town to town, although this doesn't necessarily contradict the other endings.

Actually, if you are of the school of belief that the Pamela Ibis is the same ghost girl as featured in the other Gust titles, her ending becomes suddenly a lot more depressing the more you think about it... Don't think about it.

Since Anna's desire to see Vayne after graduating only occurs after he proves himself a strong and loyal friend, I thought she might ask him to marry her if he survived since she was supposed to get married after graduating.