• Topic Archived
7 years ago#1
Why is it harder to recruit someone when you are the #1 team in the nation. So I'm number 1 Penn State and I'm trying to recruit the #1 DT in the nation, cause both of my best DT's are graduating next year, and I just beat Notre Dame, his number one team, and I'm undefeated and #1 in the nation and the next week he commits to them. I don't get it???? What did I do wrong?
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. I Timothy 1:7
7 years ago#2
Nothing, it just happens like that sometimes. I had a situation once where I was playing Dynasty as KU, was in the middle of like an 84 game winning streak, 4 straight NC's, #1 in the nation, recruiting a LB or something who had me and Florida as his top 2. I had happened to schedule Florida that year so I went in and just cleaned house with them, beat them by 50 points or so. At the end of the week he signs with Florida.

If you have a big hole to fill because of graduation the best thing you can do is to just be sure you target 2-3 players for that position, with the assumption that you'll probably lose one just like that at some point in the season but hopefully be able to land the other(s).
Didn't you know? Marvel's Hell is really DC Comics. - Entertainer13
7 years ago#3
its recruiting they go to play where they want to go play not what you want
7 years ago#4
Maybe he's Catholic...
7 years ago#5
And on that note.....Notre Dame had one of the top two classes recruiting wise last season even though they went 3-9....I'm sure college kids pick schools for more than just who's #1 or who's having a good season. Maybe he wants the better degree :)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived