Recruiting.

#1mello15smith89Posted 4/15/2008 6:00:51 PM
Why is it harder to recruit someone when you are the #1 team in the nation. So I'm number 1 Penn State and I'm trying to recruit the #1 DT in the nation, cause both of my best DT's are graduating next year, and I just beat Notre Dame, his number one team, and I'm undefeated and #1 in the nation and the next week he commits to them. I don't get it???? What did I do wrong?
---
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. I Timothy 1:7
#2jayhawk88Posted 4/16/2008 4:45:32 AM
Nothing, it just happens like that sometimes. I had a situation once where I was playing Dynasty as KU, was in the middle of like an 84 game winning streak, 4 straight NC's, #1 in the nation, recruiting a LB or something who had me and Florida as his top 2. I had happened to schedule Florida that year so I went in and just cleaned house with them, beat them by 50 points or so. At the end of the week he signs with Florida.

If you have a big hole to fill because of graduation the best thing you can do is to just be sure you target 2-3 players for that position, with the assumption that you'll probably lose one just like that at some point in the season but hopefully be able to land the other(s).
---
Didn't you know? Marvel's Hell is really DC Comics. - Entertainer13
#3Duffman7890Posted 4/16/2008 6:18:57 PM
its recruiting they go to play where they want to go play not what you want
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU
#4Maverick1310Posted 4/21/2008 12:51:18 PM
Maybe he's Catholic...
#5Maverick1310Posted 4/21/2008 12:53:17 PM
And on that note.....Notre Dame had one of the top two classes recruiting wise last season even though they went 3-9....I'm sure college kids pick schools for more than just who's #1 or who's having a good season. Maybe he wants the better degree :)