Greenifer

#1SethimothyPosted 12/26/2008 2:36:28 PM
I was going to make a whole bunch of level 10 crops like one could do in the first game, but unless I'm mistaken, there's only three ways one can get Greenifer:

1.)Do a quest for Dorothy in first generation for a Greenifer and some Wood. Why the women went out of their way to give the main character wood is beyond me; did they not know this was a children's game?
2.)Adventure Contest! This happens once a year, and the first year I was told to look in the Northeastern most part of the map even though the item was clearly hidden in the southeastern most part! That didn't anger me at ALL! :D
3.)Grinding up Cooking to the 50's.

I've already done the first one, and the final two are simply unacceptable. How am I supposed to make level 10 Strawberries and Emery Flowers?

So... uh... anyone want to trade me some Greenifer? Also, how does the online component of this game work? I haven't used it with anyone yet. Obviously I talk to the mirror; do I need to be on at the same time you are? What sort of things are people looking for?

As an aside, why is Gold such a pain in the rear to find? I have the silver hammer, but instead of getting useless scrap metal I get useless gems. No gold, ever. It's frustrating.

0731-8432-7799
#2billybobfredPosted 12/26/2008 4:04:53 PM
2.)Adventure Contest! This happens once a year, and the first year I was told to look in the Northeastern most part of the map even though the item was clearly hidden in the southeastern most part! That didn't anger me at ALL! :D

It's going to be in the same place every year forever. Just FYI.
---
10/08/08: Higashizawa is whitelisted. Not changing until the Shichi****o from PW3 joins him.
Also, http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WildMassGuessing
#3ThaiUserPosted 12/26/2008 4:22:50 PM
I don't see that #3 is unacceptable. And I think greenifer is from phamacy, not cooking???

You will have to eventually level up your skill for other use. It is a bit pain on the neck at first, but it will pay you off later on. However, you will spend a lot longer time and pain to do the contest every year.

By the way, gold ore is rare as it is even with platinum hammer. Platinum will be even rarer if you don't want to spend money buying from Yue. All of them can be found at specific maps in dungeon.
#4Sethimothy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2008 7:35:06 AM
Yeah, it's Pharmacy. Took me a moment to realize that I wasn't cooking with that science lab. I'm gonna try to grind really hard so I can make cocaine and get the whole town hooked. Then I'll make them explore the dungeons for me. Still... I want to push strawberries to level 10 and start sharing them with unsuspecting people for massive cash and/or prizes. Level 2 is not nearly as awesome as level 10. :/

I'm actually at a really annoying stand-still as far as crafting is concerned. All of my tools are to the point where they need Gold to evolve, and I've come across an entire single piece in all of my playing. I really don't mess with cooking too much, because every day I can score a free meal courtesy of Douglas. And Pharmacy... well, I'll keep toying with it. At least I got all three bottles from first generation. Although to be fair, I've defeated three of the four seasonal dungeon's main bosses (failing only at winter's) and never had a need for these stupid healing potions.

So, uh, what map can I hope to find Gold on? I've spent a lot of time hanging around women while getting wood but what I really want most is to help out my trusty hoe so that it'll do more work for me.
#5ThaiUserPosted 12/27/2008 8:58:54 AM
Ok, I can give you some ideas. I cannot remember exactly now because I have no game with me; besides, I don't need gold for forging anymore so I don't hunt for it.

Messhina valley - path to mountain (very rare here)
Padova - Flowing river, blocked-off cave, Tomb (can find platinum on this map as well)
Trieste Forest - Ruins (very rare here)
Blessia Island - Silent Cave, Ruined shrine