where do I get a pot and frying pan?

#1sim_sunPosted 7/16/2010 5:20:50 PM
I have the large kitchen. On the left of the counter is a steamer, a mixer, and an oven, which can be used separately. On the right by the sink is some other tools but I can't tell what they are, they are all used with the same push of the button when the red arrow appears.

When I enter the menu for the tools on the right, there are no recipes that I have learned that use a frying pan or pot. Just recipes to make with knife or hands. I can't grill or boil anything.

I've checked the faqs and can't figure out where to get a pot and frying pan.

help?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Animal Crossing Wii: Name: Rei Town: B'ham FC: 0259-4589-9465
#2shimmy6Posted 7/16/2010 9:02:17 PM
Sounds like you have all the kitchen appliances already, just no recipes for them.

The appliances are, in order from left to right: steamer, mixer, oven, boiler, fry pan, knives. You can get recipes from Mana's classes, but you don't need them to cook.

Check the guides for the recipes that go with each appliance. Once you successfully cook a dish, its recipe will show up in the appliance menu.
#3FraleePosted 7/17/2010 4:18:10 PM
you get the items from yue

when she is selling go to 'bargen' option
you can buy all the items fomr large kitchen option as well as the small kitchen option.
---
All Wisdom Is Plagiarized,
Only Stupidity Is Original.
#4sim_sun(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2010 9:46:12 PM
I have gone to school and learned all the recipes. None of the pan or pot recipes appear in the menu.
I want to grill fish and boil eggs but still can't figure out how... :(
I have also tried boiling an egg, but it Fails every time.

---

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Animal Crossing Wii: Name: Rei Town: B'ham FC: 0259-4589-9465
#5shimmy6Posted 7/21/2010 11:29:27 PM
That's strange. Hmm... did you know that recipes disappear from the menu if you don't make the item for a couple weeks? There are two ways to make the recipe reappear on the menu. One is to take the class again, the other is to make the dish.

What size egg are you using? If your Cooking skill is 0 or close, then you can make a boiled egg if you use a small egg. You can buy small eggs from Douglas. It might take a few tries to make it, but sooner or later you'll be successful. If you don't want to waste eggs, you can buy one egg, try to make it, and quit without saving and reload and try again. Just make sure you're using the boiler, also known as the Pot. Also, when you sell the egg you'll make a profit. After a few successes, you'll never fail when boiling a small egg. Then you can try the medium egg, then the large egg.

I suggest you look at the Cooking FAQ on GameFaqs. At the end of the recipes is a good guide for leveling up your Cooking skill.
#6LizardneckPosted 7/22/2010 5:16:54 AM
did you know that recipes disappear from the menu if you don't make the item for a couple weeks?

I have never once seen that happen. Once I've learned a recipe, it's always stayed on my list, and the lesson's removed from the list permanently unless it's the very first one.

The knife, frying pan, and pot are all part of the "small kitchen" utensils she sells on Friday.
#7FraleePosted 7/22/2010 8:52:51 AM
ive never had an item dissapear from any of the lists if i had not made an item. once you have them they stay

---
All Wisdom Is Plagiarized,
Only Stupidity Is Original.
#8shimmy6Posted 7/22/2010 10:47:52 AM
Oh, and I was sure that some of mine were disappearing! Thanks for correcting that, ya'll.
#9otakuAeraPosted 7/22/2010 12:08:37 PM

You missed them whilst skimming, probably.

#10shimmy6Posted 7/22/2010 11:26:17 PM
Yeah, probably so. Anyways, I'm glad to know I can stop going to school every day eventually.