DMO no longer and MMO per THQ

#1george43Posted 3/29/2012 12:41:00 PM
They are converting it into a single player game with some multiplayer.

Honestly I am slightly excited for this move. The 40k Universe really needs a big expansive and immersive world without having to worry about suibscriptions or other players.

I honestly believe if Dark Millennium follows the Kingdoms of Amalur model but in a 40k setting and shooter combat and different starting areas for each of the different races, the game can be amazing.
#2ImAWizardPosted 3/29/2012 2:42:28 PM
Honestly I am highly disapointed, I was eager to become the best Ork Warboss in 40k history so badly that I would change the lore even if I had to pull a leeroy jenkins in order to pull it! :P

but well, IMO they got lazy and will do something with the space marine core engine and if we're lucky they may do other races playable.
---
Ganador de la pacmedalla en reconocimiento a su destacado aporte a la cultura y los lulz. ( (o< )
#3george43(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2012 2:47:51 PM
ImAWizard posted...
Honestly I am highly disapointed, I was eager to become the best Ork Warboss in 40k history so badly that I would change the lore even if I had to pull a leeroy jenkins in order to pull it! :P

but well, IMO they got lazy and will do something with the space marine core engine and if we're lucky they may do other races playable.

Probably didn't have the necessary budget for an MMO.

Would much rather get an awesome single player game than a crappy MMO.
#4Gr3gSolidusPosted 3/29/2012 4:17:22 PM

Lets see if they can afford to fund an adequate singleplayer title before we start saying "This can be just as good." 

#5ClutcH_BFPosted 3/29/2012 4:29:02 PM
Going to assume it will be an Open World title. Think that could be really sweet if they do this right.
---
Sound the charge, Take them head on
#6DeanoPosted 3/29/2012 4:48:23 PM
well this is odd, how do you suddenly change a game from an mmo

I thought maybe they'd just call it dawn of war 3, but thq are already developing that.

so there's 2 40k games upcoming now?
#7Chielz0rPosted 3/29/2012 7:23:45 PM
Good call imo.
It was doomed to fail as an mmo anyway.
#8ZanderPosted 3/29/2012 7:55:08 PM
Changing genre's this late in development cannot be good for the game.

Damn.
#9Duke AriochPosted 3/29/2012 8:50:34 PM
I don't like the description of the new game, the word premium in particular makes me think of FTP garbage and facebook aps. If they model it similar to Space Marine then more power to em.
---
"Blood and souls for my Lord Arioch!" - Elric of Melnibone
#10VR_VerdugoPosted 3/29/2012 11:06:50 PM

This is a huge disappointment. This change means we can kiss any dreams of multiplayer combat at an epic scale goodbye.

I very much enjoyed Relic's Space Marine both multi and solo, but Dark Millennium could have been so much more. Also sad to hear about layoffs at Vigil and Relic, tough times...

At least there's still Planetside 2.