How to use debug mode?

#1briskiceteaPosted 10/2/2010 1:33:24 PM
So I know how to activate debug mode but how do I use? I can create roads and farms but I when I create units that I can use? I can create units but all they do is stand there and they don't look like they have the same color as my other units either. Is there a way to edit terrain, gold and technology as well? I've been playing around with the debug for about 20 mins and I got frustrated. Oh and before someone comes in and tells me to play the game without cheating I'm just doing this to mess around and test things out. One last thing anyone else have a problem with the screen jumping around when you use debug mode to create roads or resources?
#2AttacknunPosted 10/2/2010 1:42:03 PM
How do you get into debug mode?
#3briskicetea(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2010 1:57:22 PM
Go to your config.ini file (Mine is located in My Documents\My Games\Civ 5). Open it with notepad go to " ; Set to 1 to activate the debug panel DebugPanel = 0 " Set DebugPanel to 1 and start a game. In game press the tilde key " `/~ " and it should pop up. In Civ IV there were tons of options and very easy to use. But now it looks so complicated to use.... meh.
#4darknite185Posted 10/3/2010 2:31:30 AM
I am having trouble working out the debug as well the world builder on civ 4 was so much easier used it alot to give enermy nations a chance to beat me.
---
illic est tantum lux lucis in nostrum pectus pectoris, Permissum is ostendo via ut posterus
Psn ID: Drakota185
#5Yakuza_Master1Posted 10/3/2010 10:33:51 AM
i would also like to know how this program works. it doesn't seem to have a select this civ for editing button (that i saw), or a edit this units affiliation, or anything like that. is there a tutorial around somewhere?
---
Waiting for: A new good Zelda game, a 360 that works for more than a week at a time, virtual reality, and other unlikely occurances. hey, a guy can dream. :P
#6ssj4supervegetaPosted 10/3/2010 10:52:41 AM
i came to this board wanting to ask the SAME question lol.

it just seems confusing...i miss the civ IV one D=
---
PSN: Vejolta
http://i48.tinypic.com/13z7cd0.jpg
#7CyberData4Posted 10/3/2010 11:10:40 AM
I think they're adding a legit world builder tool at some point.