what level will you play this on?

#1nocturnalkissesPosted 8/26/2010 9:16:19 AM

when i popped in Civ 4, i played it on settler and it was way too easy. and since i like a challeneg, i put in on Deity...and got my ass spanked. i was sitll building archers and just moving into the medieval era and i went to go invade someone and they already have infantry. i was like wtf? so from that, i learned that they build very fats the higher the diffculty. so then i tried Chieftain. and everything was fair. i and the computer built evenly. what level did you play i on?

#2DomobombPosted 8/26/2010 11:10:19 AM

multiplayer

#3QingJao86Posted 8/26/2010 11:18:50 AM
I generally play Civ 4 on the Warlord level, trying to get good enough to get the the Noble level (which balances out what you can do with what the AI can do) but not quite there yet (I took a while off from playing Civ games lol). Probably I will have to start playing Civ 5 on the Chieftain level until I get the hang of all the new stuff though, probably one game on Settler too.
#4oyster_card_manPosted 8/26/2010 11:22:35 AM

I will start at Settler, or its equivalent in Civilization V. Firaxis added many cool features to the game that are sure to change my playing style. I will need to relearn how to play Civilization. The easiest difficulty level seems to be the best for such a task.

#5oyster_card_manPosted 8/26/2010 11:24:35 AM

I will start at Settler, or its equivalent in Civilization V. Firaxis added many cool features to the game that are sure to change my playing style. I will need to relearn how to play Civilization. The easiest difficulty level seems to be the best for such a task.

#6Rahven2kPosted 8/26/2010 11:28:50 AM
Depends if you can still CTRL + W:P Wanna have a easy first game to get a hang of all the new tactics, so prob warlord if editor mode is still enabled.
#7St0Ne4GePosted 8/27/2010 8:48:19 AM
I have been playing Civ IV lately on Warlord, i guess i'll start at the one below and after a while move up to noble and see how i go. I'll also have a dabble in multiplayer once i have a strategy that works for me.
#8hawk533Posted 8/27/2010 9:41:33 AM
I've been playing Civ IV on Prince for fun and Monarch when I'm up for a challenge. I'm working on trying to win my first Emperor game before Civ V comes out.

I'll probably start on Noble or Prince. I usually crush the computer at anything below Prince, but I want to get used to the new features, tech tree and units before I start trying to challenge myself. I don't want it too easy because I want to get to the end of the tech tree my fist game. I need to try out the "Giant Death Robots".
---
"Why did you want to go to your house anyhow, Fah?" Ryoko asked.
"No reason. There would have been cookies though."
#9The Sword 88Posted 8/28/2010 1:38:45 PM
I play on noble which means that neither the AI nor I has a handicap. I can usually win but if I get ganged up on in an early war I generally end up losing. I'll start civ5 one setting down so Warlord I think then after a few games move back up.
---
E8500, GTX 285, 8 GB OCZ Plat1066, Win7 Ult x64
Gamertag:TheRoyalKnight PSN:TheRoyalKnight88
#10KroguysPosted 8/29/2010 8:16:50 AM
I will start with Noble. I think that is the 'Normal' setting. Higher difficulty just means more micromanaging. It comes down to how tedious you like your game.
---
Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.00 GHz, Nvidia 8800 Ultra, 4 GB Ram, Vista 64 bit.