Peace Treaty?

#1smagusmaguPosted 9/21/2010 5:44:49 PM
I'm down to 1 opponent left, but I can't attack him at all, no matter what I do. It says I have to wait to until our treaty expires, but I don't have a treaty with them---none of the diplomacy tabs show a treaty of any sort. Anyone know a way around this?
#2DaImpalerPosted 9/21/2010 6:22:28 PM

well i can't say for sure, as i don't have the game, but in CIV 4, but whenever you make a demand and they accept (or vica-versa) and CERTAIN other diplomatic actions give you a PEACE TREATY, which niether of you can break (even from defense packs) and declare war on with each other, they usually last 10 or so turns.

#3DavidPrePosted 9/24/2010 10:58:13 AM
Hi, I've got the same problem. One civ left and a Peace treaty that seems to never end. So I can't break it or do anything but choose another way to win. Seems like a bug in the game.
#4rottenbeefjerkyPosted 9/24/2010 10:13:56 PM
I am having the same issue, but it is NOT the last civ. Japan was getting too powerful and conquering too many others, so I went to war with them. After I captured a few cities I made peace, built my army back up, waited for the treaty to expire, went to war, captured a few cities, made peace, built my army back up and have currently been waiting for a LONG time (I've had four golden ages pass by, two of which I started with great people) and I still can't go to war. Is there a way to set how many turns a peace treaty will be? So maybe when I negotiated peace I erroneously set a 100 turn treaty...any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
#5kingsbury2000Posted 9/25/2010 10:29:41 AM
I had this same problem. Build a nuke and nuke one of their cities, it should automatically get them to declare war.