Bushido - Busted?

#1MercuryPaladinPosted 9/22/2010 3:31:43 PM
Alright, admittedly, I still haven't finished a game. I've only played as Japan. But dude. Is it just me, or does the concept of Bushido (units always fight at full strength regardless of current health) seem far and away the more broken military ability any civ gets? Seriously? My 1 HP unit fights at full strength? It's fantastic. I can't count how many times a lone scout has gone all Donatello on some barbarians and beaten down an entire unit on his own. Though I must say... it IS totally fricking wicked when my little 1 HP Samurai unit stood there and cut down everything that came at him single-handedly. Easily the coolest thing I've seen in Civ's military side.
#2NameUsedBeforePosted 9/22/2010 3:33:38 PM
It is pretty powerful particularly when compared to total crap like what the Ottomans got.

---
"They have got their **** in the bag!" R.L. Ermey's thoughts on PC Gamer.
#3HardcoreFtwPosted 9/22/2010 3:39:48 PM
I think it pretty broken >.<
---
drink Russian, drive German, wear Italian
#4NeomaximPosted 9/22/2010 3:42:08 PM
Oh it is.... and frankly... I think the Samurai are disgustingly over-powered too.

I cannot believe how much of a middle-game I survived against super aggressive armies with only a couple Samurai at a time. For that stage of the game, combined with Bushido, they're just silly.
---
Pokemon Platinum Friend Code (Trainer Name: Maxim): 0044 9161 5230
#5BitakuPosted 9/22/2010 3:43:55 PM
I imagine that Bushido truly does make the Giant Robot of Death (or whatever it's exactly called) invincible.
---
ImaGFmoderator "HURR HURR DURR" - lilogelthorpe
#6KodegaPosted 9/22/2010 4:07:33 PM
Stupid samurais keep killing my panzer units (okay, just one so far, but grrr). Gave me spearman nightmares all over again.

But yeah, seems some of the culture benefits seem extremely unbalanced. With the Germanic skill I think I converted two whole barbarian units (and I killed a LOT of barbarians). Whoop-de-do.
---
Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
#7zumriPosted 9/22/2010 4:10:28 PM

I imagine that Bushido truly does make the Giant Robot of Death (or whatever it's exactly called) invincible.

It would be a Giant Japanese Robot Of Death, keyword, Japanese.
---
Zumri, Killing Topics Since 2002.Unlovable
Game Trailers Theater - http://www.youtube.com/user/GameTrailersTheater
#8eating4funPosted 9/22/2010 4:15:34 PM
they'll probably nerf it to *works 50% of the time, everytime*
---
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/5268/245zgvd.jpg
~~~aj_arcani
#9Rasse397Posted 9/22/2010 4:24:44 PM

Yeah... I got around to reading about all the different civilization's special abilities... when I saw Bushido for Japan I was like "ummm... okay, that sounds broken." From your description, it pretty much is.

#10Lord BladePosted 9/22/2010 4:32:44 PM
Yup, Japan's ability is broken beyond belief. It makes a military game a joke.

Some of the others are crazy too. Like Rome's 25% build bonus to anything built in your capitol.
Hmm... your capitol generally has the best setup, and will get made first anyway... then every other city you get makes that same stuff nice and fast. Super fast expansion.

The Aztec's culture bonus from killing enemies is great. You shoot up the civics trees easily.
They let you play a military AND culture game in one go. :p

Meanwhile, some civs got the shaft.
Like England. A movement bonus to all their ships? Really? That's it? As always, unless you're playing on a high sea level island map... that's completely useless. You never need ships except for a quick transport. And even then, units can now walk on water anyway... so who cares?
---
.- .-.. .-.. -.-- --- ..- .-. -... .- ... . .- .-. . -... . .-.. --- -. --. - --- ..- ...