Can an archer capture a city?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Sid Meier's Civilization V
  3. Can an archer capture a city?
5 years ago#1
France declared war on me, I know funny right?, i sent 6 archers to surround their city and brought it down but I couldn't capture it. They would just kept firing on the city. I didn't have any melee units at the time to try to capture it but it's was just odd that the archer wouldn't move into the city tile even though it had NO health,
---
XBL- xTheBrucex
5 years ago#2
Use the move command to walk into it.

(I'm just guessing, but that's how you capture non combat units with archers)
---
We don't need to concern ourselves with WHY the chicken crossed the road, simply what he found when he got there, and if it was what he was expecting.
5 years ago#3
The answer is no. You cannot use range unit to capture the city. But I heard from the board that AI can do it though.
5 years ago#4
Archers CAN capture cities, they just have to melee attack the city. All ground range unit can also melee attack they're just not very good at it, therefore best to get the city down to 1hp and then melee attack with the Archer to capture.
---
Can you stop calling her Momma, it's quite unnatural for a guy your age:- Tolten; Lost Odyssey.
5 years ago#5
I'm having major problems with this. I have 2 archers surround the enemy's capital city. 1 archer fires and brings it down to 1hp, and I try to capture with the other. I use the melee move command and click, to try to get him to move into the city but nothing happens. When I drag right click him to move into the city, he simply range attacks it and it does not do additional damage to the city.

Can we get a definitive answer on this?
5 years ago#6
I accidently melee attacked a city with my turbulent once. It was a draw though so I donít know for sure if the turbulent can enter. But I am guessing it can since it can melee attack.

---
I'm Kick-Ass
5 years ago#7
Turbulent? You attacked a city with airliner vomit?

I think you mean trebuchet, a classical age artillery.
5 years ago#8
^ I swear that happen to me when an enemy aircraft passed by.

---
I'm Kick-Ass
  1. Boards
  2. Sid Meier's Civilization V
  3. Can an archer capture a city?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived