Suggested mods?

• Topic Archived
5 years ago#1
I'm a big Civ fan and I'm currently downloading Civ 5 from Steam. While I wait, are there any mods that you absolutely recommend I pick up? I don't want to change the gameplay dramatically, but I did read about one that makes roads cheaper on these boards. I can't find that one in particular but I did see a few others.

What mods do you suggest that make the gameplay more enjoyable? If you would also link me to them I would be infinitely grateful. Thank you in advance!

Ryan
5 years ago#2
I personally don't use any mods (yet), but if I did (and likely will in the near future) I would definitely pick the one that starts you with a worker and a scout, just to speed up the start of a game.
"Some men see things as they are and say why. I dream things that never were and say why not."
-Robert Kennedy
5 years ago#3
Perhaps a link to said mod? Thank you.

Ryan
5 years ago#4
I don't use mods yet either (well I did once) but the Settler running shoes is good, makes the start of the game more bearable. Don't have a link but just search for running shoes in the game mod browser thing and it should find it easily.
I like Squirtles!
5 years ago#5
Only ones I've tried are the Balance mods, from Thal-something. Didnt think they would change the game much but they made things much more fun imo.
Why is it that no matter how much you shake and dance, the last drop is always on your pants?
5 years ago#6
It's not possible to provide links as it's all done through the Civ 5 interface.

The mods I (have just started) using are:

Free Roads (Zero Road Maintenance)
Good Clock (sticks a 24 hours clock in the top right)
Great People Info (Puts a bar before your resources that tells you progress towards your next Great Person(s))
Growth Notification (tells you when a city expands it's borders)
No XP Cap for Barbarians (You can know skill up your warriors by curb-stomping barbarians)
Scout and Worker Start (you start with a Scout and Worker as well as Settler and Warrior at the start)
5 years ago#7
Ah, thanks everyone! I had no idea the ingame browser allowed for modding. :) Happy conquering!
5 years ago#8
zero road maintenance mod is definitly a good mod to have.
XBL Gamertag: oPUNCHDRUNKo
It's not a matter of luck,It's just a matter of time
5 years ago#9
I like the mods that start each civ in their proper starting spots on the earth map. I like having everyone where they should be. However mods (at least for me, and i've read others having the same problems) seem to crap out on me after 200-300 turns for some reason. This is the only mod I've really tried and it may just be cuz theirs so many things going on; I downloaded the legendary map mod and the realearth mod and both have almost everyone on the map as well as at least 20 city-states so it may just be because of so much going on.

But I do enjoy them, will enjoy them more after they fix the AI a bit.
5 years ago#10
i like the one that starts everyone off in the right place on the earth map

i haven't used any others though
<The Valar> http://www.lostfacts.net/boards/index.php
MEET HOT YOUNG SINGLES AT LOSTFACTS.NET

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived