Suggested mods?

#1RJDoutePosted 12/9/2010 11:11:11 AM
I'm a big Civ fan and I'm currently downloading Civ 5 from Steam. While I wait, are there any mods that you absolutely recommend I pick up? I don't want to change the gameplay dramatically, but I did read about one that makes roads cheaper on these boards. I can't find that one in particular but I did see a few others.

What mods do you suggest that make the gameplay more enjoyable? If you would also link me to them I would be infinitely grateful. Thank you in advance!

Ryan
#2VulpesMundiPosted 12/9/2010 12:32:17 PM
I personally don't use any mods (yet), but if I did (and likely will in the near future) I would definitely pick the one that starts you with a worker and a scout, just to speed up the start of a game.
---
"Some men see things as they are and say why. I dream things that never were and say why not."
-Robert Kennedy
#3RJDoute(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2010 12:39:34 PM
Perhaps a link to said mod? Thank you.

Ryan
#4LtShelfLifePosted 12/9/2010 3:19:54 PM
I don't use mods yet either (well I did once) but the Settler running shoes is good, makes the start of the game more bearable. Don't have a link but just search for running shoes in the game mod browser thing and it should find it easily.
---
I like Squirtles!
#5NoisyPinkBubblePosted 12/9/2010 3:29:17 PM
Only ones I've tried are the Balance mods, from Thal-something. Didnt think they would change the game much but they made things much more fun imo.
---
Why is it that no matter how much you shake and dance, the last drop is always on your pants?
#6stalkerdcPosted 12/9/2010 4:05:11 PM
It's not possible to provide links as it's all done through the Civ 5 interface.

The mods I (have just started) using are:

Free Roads (Zero Road Maintenance)
Good Clock (sticks a 24 hours clock in the top right)
Great People Info (Puts a bar before your resources that tells you progress towards your next Great Person(s))
Growth Notification (tells you when a city expands it's borders)
No XP Cap for Barbarians (You can know skill up your warriors by curb-stomping barbarians)
Scout and Worker Start (you start with a Scout and Worker as well as Settler and Warrior at the start)
#7RJDoute(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2010 4:14:02 PM
Ah, thanks everyone! I had no idea the ingame browser allowed for modding. :) Happy conquering!
#8OrangePoetPosted 12/9/2010 5:42:00 PM
zero road maintenance mod is definitly a good mod to have.
---
XBL Gamertag: oPUNCHDRUNKo
It's not a matter of luck,It's just a matter of time
#9kingrc69Posted 12/10/2010 9:29:50 AM
I like the mods that start each civ in their proper starting spots on the earth map. I like having everyone where they should be. However mods (at least for me, and i've read others having the same problems) seem to crap out on me after 200-300 turns for some reason. This is the only mod I've really tried and it may just be cuz theirs so many things going on; I downloaded the legendary map mod and the realearth mod and both have almost everyone on the map as well as at least 20 city-states so it may just be because of so much going on.

But I do enjoy them, will enjoy them more after they fix the AI a bit.
#10GKourp21Posted 12/10/2010 9:58:46 PM
i like the one that starts everyone off in the right place on the earth map

i haven't used any others though
---
<The Valar> http://www.lostfacts.net/boards/index.php
MEET HOT YOUNG SINGLES AT LOSTFACTS.NET