Military Civ-
Cultural Civ-
Diplomatic Civ-
Science Civ-
Faith Civ-
All around best-
#2bretonftwPosted 3/17/2013 4:05:19 PM
Military Civ- China
Cultural Civ- Unsure.. pure culture maybe Siam on large maps?
Diplomatic Civ- Arabia
Science Civ- Babylon
Faith Civ- Ethiopia
All around best- China

in my opinion anyway.
---
FROAKIE!
"There's going to be a new type this gen" - Suiku
#3FobManXPosted 3/17/2013 4:11:34 PM
Babylon is incredible in Science. Just finished a playthru as them and it's downright OP with how many Great Scientists you get. Loved my Infantry going up against my enemy's Crossbowmen. :)
---
Hi haters, I'm back off hiatus.
I feel just like you, I mean even I hate us.
#4UsurpationblitzPosted 3/17/2013 5:21:15 PM
Babylon is incredible in Science. Just finished a playthru as them and it's downright OP with how many Great Scientists you get. Loved my Infantry going up against my enemy's Crossbowmen. :)

Yeah, I think Babylon is one of the best Civs in the game, maybe even the best.
---
I got married on April 4th, 2010
http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac158/Usurpationblitz/TGOrlandu-1.png
#5shuist123Posted 3/17/2013 5:23:54 PM
Emperor or below / standard

Military Civ- Japan, China, Germany, Persia, and other science focus civ

Cultural Civ- Egypt - just hoard these wonders for a fast and easy game, 1 city

Diplomatic Civ- Siam / Greece / Sweden

Science Civ- Babylon / Korea

Faith Civ- Celts

All around best- China / Babylon / Persia
#6SushiSquidPosted 3/18/2013 2:44:51 PM
The problem with these categories is that so many overlap. Arabia is the best money-making civ, but this also makes them good diplomats and their overpowered Camel Archer is by itself enough to make the civ unmatched at conquest for a quarter of the game. Aztecs seem like a war/culture civ, but their Floating Gardens can swell cities on some map settings, making them a potentially good science option. Persia's ridiculous bonuses let them have a never-ending super golden age, basically making them good at everything. And of course any civ that's good at science is inherently good at conquest if they want it, because with sufficiently advanced technology they can wipe the floor with everyone else.
#7HMandACFanPosted 3/18/2013 4:36:02 PM
Yeah, in a lot of ways they overlap. Since Babylon is the best for science, they're also really good in military, the best in culture, honestly, better than Egypt because YOU pass THEM in techs on harder difficulties rather than vice versa. It doesn't help to build wonders 20% faster if they are built 10 turns after you even get the tech. Babylon is also good in faith, if you want them to be, because, again, wonders. But Celts are probably the best. Other good for military are Greece and Mongols, and for diplomatic, Greece, Arabia, and Siam. Overall best definitely Babylon but Greece would be 2nd in my book. A lot of people think China is great, so here's a shout out to them.
---
Currently Playing: Civilizzation V (PC), League of Legends IGN: MeltedWater
#8MasterRegPosted 3/19/2013 1:03:44 AM
In my opinion:

Military: Denmark, in my opinion. Greece seems good too.
Culture: Dunno. Maybe Egypt, Mayans, or Aztecs.
Diplomatic: Siam or Greece.
Science: Babylon or Korea.
Faith: Celts for sure.
All-around Best: I might say Greece, based on my list. Their units are good, and their ability is crazy. It saves money that you would normally funnel to city states, allowing you to ally with more city-states or save it and buy infrastructure and troops. Not to mention the obvious bonus to diplomacy itself.
---
Contrary to popular belief, this is, in fact, a signature.
#9shuist123Posted 3/19/2013 1:45:21 AM
Greece got nerf pretty bad since there are a lot of coup after the spy showing up in the latter era.
#10FatalAccidentPosted 3/21/2013 5:48:19 AM
Military: Germany - the best way to win conquest is to start early and their barbarian joining you bonus is so powerful, coupled with the 25 gold you get from camps and the lower unit maintenance you can overrun the entire map in no time.

Cultural Civ- Songhai - the mud pyramid mosques work really well particularly if you've got a sprawling empire and you can get appropriate culture bonuses to the mud pyramid mosques from your religion

All around best- America IMO, dunno why, just is.

Don't know about the rest.
---
*walks away*
http://i.imgur.com/dOWfScQ.png