Brave New World, worth it?

#1DredjPosted 6/23/2013 8:57:08 AM
Seems pretty lacklustre to me in the content added, maybe 10 but not 20.

Maybe I'm just under estimating the impact the content will have on the game.
#2The_Madd_HatterPosted 6/23/2013 11:48:40 AM
wait till it's on sale then
---
There is no try, only do and do not.
#3RabillionPosted 6/23/2013 12:52:43 PM
You've already made up your mind you don't want the EP.

I fail to see any point when people make these types of topics besides seeking attention. Do you want the approval from us or something? Because obviously there's no point convincing somebody dead-set on not paying the full retail price.
#4watertankPosted 6/23/2013 1:53:35 PM
Don't know if its worth the 20 but it's definitely worth having. Can't wait til I can finally play it.
---
Don't wait for the last judgment - it takes place every day. - Albert Camus
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t92/muttley1211/bug.gif
#5Dredj(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2013 2:27:10 PM
Rabillion posted...
You've already made up your mind you don't want the EP.

I fail to see any point when people make these types of topics besides seeking attention. Do you want the approval from us or something? Because obviously there's no point convincing somebody dead-set on not paying the full retail price.

So quick to be offensive and to troll.

My issue is I don't know why I would want this. I look over the details on Steam and from what I see everything it's selling is already in the game. Gods and Kings which I even pre-ordered on Steam added 2 new game impacting aspects to the game, religion and espionage.

When I look at Brave New World I see Cultural Victory, well we already have that in the game. World Congress/Diplomatic victory, already in the game isn't it? UN voting. Trade Routes, that's already in the game too.

So do you see my issue? I don't see the value of this expansion, and this topic was a call for clarity because I was assuming as I said I am under estimating the expansion.
#6The_Madd_HatterPosted 6/23/2013 3:15:12 PM
Have you actually looked into what we're getting?

Because from what you just said, it sounds like you haven't.

http://well-of-souls.com/civ/civ5_bravenewworld.html
---
There is no try, only do and do not.
#7Dredj(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2013 3:24:01 PM
The_Madd_Hatter posted...
Have you actually looked into what we're getting?

Because from what you just said, it sounds like you haven't.

http://well-of-souls.com/civ/civ5_bravenewworld.html

That's a brilliant link, tons of info, cheers.
#8GegendPosted 6/23/2013 10:44:29 PM
What really needs to come back is Age of Empires IV, wouldn't you agree The_Madd_Hatter?
---
"Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, not because they never found it, but because they didn't stop to enjoy it." --William Feather, Writer
#9RabillionPosted 6/23/2013 11:11:44 PM
Right. I'm a troll for being sensible.

"Um, hey guys this EP looks dumb and is only worth 10 bucks. Convince me to buy a game I don't even want, kthxbye."

How about no.

Do your research. You obviously have internet if you managed to post here so what's stopping you from pulling up Google. You really lucked out Madd Hatter was gracious enough to link you to Arioch's site. I'd have made you look it up yourself.
#10GegendPosted 6/23/2013 11:35:28 PM
losers
---
"Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, not because they never found it, but because they didn't stop to enjoy it." --William Feather, Writer