what/how is the best way to kill the forest guardian

#1skiguy1981Posted 8/3/2009 4:31:34 PM
I use a SW on silver and everytime i bring his health down he heals back up
---

Mike is cool!
#2darkfire9430Posted 8/3/2009 5:02:51 PM
Umm... don't. He's more trouble than he's worth.
#3OgesMCPosted 8/3/2009 5:20:44 PM
I beg to differ, he is one tough mother but not unkillable. Use fire augmented weapons of course, and any and all damage and debuff CAs you may have. Try to get a good % of deathblow so you can get his health down faster, if all your attacks/skills combined arent moving his health bar at all that is when you retreat (to level a bit and return later, just like chieftain). Dont be discouraged if he does his heal spell when he is almost dead, keep fighting him unless you arent doing anything damage wise to him.
---
Responses that are Snide can still be true.
#4darkfire9430Posted 8/3/2009 5:23:35 PM
I didn't say he was unkillable; I said he wasn't worth killing. He has roughly the same drop table as the White Griffin, but takes a lot longer to reach <u>and</u> a lot longer to kill.

My ice elf kills the hell out of him, BTW, but I still run the White Griffin instead when I need better gear.
#5OgesMCPosted 8/3/2009 5:30:10 PM
I think all of the mini-bosses are worth killing, I get constant TG set items from the Pig, Forest Guardian, and Lord of Searing Flames. Out of the way true, but some may like a good challenge/change of pace. (griffin is a super easy kill and with the monolith and all good for farming, agreed.)

Just trying to help, and you probably know my attitude..

---
#6Mason_CainPosted 8/3/2009 11:48:07 PM
You will find that he is weak to Ice and not Fire as it suggests by the symbols.
---
[NIOB:150:SE] Dusk
[SLVR:020:HE] Mist
#7EshegnevPosted 8/4/2009 3:27:06 AM
Nice to see he's generally considered a tough cookie to break. I stumbled upon him unprepared while running around doing my class quest on my TG and had to run away after 10 minutes of combat since I couldn't put much of a dent on his health bar. ._.

---
Words fall through me and always fool me and I can't react
And games that never amount to more than they're meant will play themselves out
#8AL3X262Posted 8/4/2009 9:37:35 AM
Early on he's a toughie, but endgame he can barely stay alive for more than 10 secs. The key is to use abilities that stun and combat arts that reduce enemy stats.

So.... as a shadow warrior you're kinda screwed =/
---
167 Inquisitor - Paradox
#9menalaos1971Posted 8/4/2009 11:26:04 AM
There is one thing he does, especially in Niob that sucks. Reflect Close Combat. It rarely kicks in, usually toward the end of the fight, but I do more than twice my HP in damage so if he reflects it one-shots me.
---
I'm just like Jesus. I save... often! ** I can't give you your opinion. I can only give you mine. ** Ignorance is cured with knowledge. Stupid lasts forever.
#10OgesMCPosted 8/4/2009 12:16:58 PM
Maybe a 'weaken' from a magic enchanted weapon etc. would help a SW, it might even dispel his little reflect crap.
---