Is the wiki down?

#1AlimNassorPosted 12/21/2012 3:14:34 AM
Cause I sure as hell can't access Sacred 2 wiki. Did the site go down for good?
---
Aquila non captat muscas
#2OgesMCPosted 12/21/2012 4:20:13 AM(edited)
Do not use it much so I cannot tell you. However, if you can give me a direct link I can check on my end (to ensure it is not something with your computer/connection).

------------

Found a link to it, seems to be down. Bandwidth maybe? You might have to wait a day or so. If there is anything you need to know, it might serve well to ask. If you need a map, here is a link to one thanks to Mystix (not me):

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/5108/anemptyofficemapunedite.jpg
---
35 Lightnin'
#3darkfire9430Posted 12/21/2012 8:09:40 AM
The web server appears to be empty:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/

Don't know if that means the site is down for good or not. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
#4DivineFistOkaPosted 12/21/2012 5:17:42 PM
Been down for a few days. Tried to look for some skill information 4/5 days ago.

Might I suggest the WayBack machine?
---
I feel a great disturbance in the Force, as if a million voices cried out to say "Oh ****!!!".
Tri's servers booted people again. MH Tri - Chihiro
#5ChrisZewskiPosted 12/22/2012 1:02:53 PM
Darkmatters.org is also gone for now. There wasnt much conversation going on there but there was a lot of info archived.
#6Mystix9999Posted 12/30/2012 10:24:31 PM(edited)
The host for both SacredWiki and DarkMatters have been hit by hacking attempts recently, and all of the sites have been shut down to prevent the spread of malicious scripts. They currently have to go through every file and every page to ensure that nothing is infected still (which may take a while, as only one person is able to handle that).

I've put an offer to provide a back-up for the Wiki when everything is restored, so that we're not stranded in the case like this. However, I can only do that when the site is back up, so we'll just have to wait it out.

DarkMatters is still an active community, though the "Sacred 2 Console" board isn't as active as it used to be.
#7wkcoonerPosted 1/14/2013 10:22:13 AM
Mystix9999 posted...
The host for both SacredWiki and DarkMatters have been hit by hacking attempts recently, and all of the sites have been shut down to prevent the spread of malicious scripts. They currently have to go through every file and every page to ensure that nothing is infected still (which may take a while, as only one person is able to handle that).

I've put an offer to provide a back-up for the Wiki when everything is restored, so that we're not stranded in the case like this. However, I can only do that when the site is back up, so we'll just have to wait it out.

DarkMatters is still an active community, though the "Sacred 2 Console" board isn't as active as it used to be.

Yea if by not as active, you mean all but dead. It sucks that a game like this does not have much of a following. I have probally put more hours into this game, than any other.
---
GT:Hacoona71
#8Mystix9999Posted 1/14/2013 7:00:15 PM
As for DarkMatters, I find the console players (including myself) are using the General Discussion board instead, hence the console focused section is dead.

In regards to a perceived small following: I agree, it sucks.
The issue, as I see it, is that the community is highly fragmented. In order to see the real size of the community, you have to resort to at least 5 sources (here, DarkMatters, SacredWorld, Sacred International, and a network on PSN/Live itself). This makes it hard to keep track of any active community (I've been trying to do it on the PSN personally, with more success than I had originally thought, which is encouraging).

Update for the Wiki: The admins have been making steady progress through the files, and we should see the Wiki back up soon.