Kratos "GOW" VS. Dante "DMC" Who would win in a f

#51Arodx41190Posted 2/17/2008 9:33:19 AM
"But to adress just one subject, I lol everytime I see someone try and compare Dante's strength with Kratos'. At best it's somewhat close, but until I see Dante's new Gilgamesh toys throw back a three hundred foot tall statue brought to life by divine powers, Dante is NOT winning any arm wrestles against Kratos. Though Dante's got the hundred meter dash in the bag."

Someone obviously hasn't played DMC4, where Dante does the EXACT same thing. Beating a 300ish foot statue brought to life by demonic powers with little effort.

and, The Savior>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Colossus

---
Cartman: Seriously, you better stop being so poor or else I'm gonna start huckin' rocks at you.
#52shawnwillPosted 2/17/2008 10:16:16 AM
ooh the savior fight pissed me off
---
"Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete. If you're alive, it isn't." Richard Bach
#53desi_shinobiPosted 2/17/2008 3:33:43 PM

loved the Saviour man, chapter 18. Try beating him on Hell and Hell mode. And you think Titan mode is hard..

The colossus and saviour fights are both epic in terms of the scale of the battle and the soundtrack behind it.

Dante would probably had an easier time with colosuss though.

#54FistinjawPosted 2/17/2008 5:30:13 PM
Couldn't Dante just shoot Kratos in the head?
---
Don't read this.
Why are you still reading this?
#55MoribalkenPosted 2/17/2008 6:20:32 PM
What makes you think Kratos can do the same attack as Zeus anyway??? There's no evidence to suggest that at all. It was ZEUS that used it in the cutscene, NOT Kratos. Open your eyes. Please don't make stuff up simply because you've played the game, just like everyone else has.

..Kratos' God powers are in the sword. Kratos is far stronger than Zeus. Kratos can likely do MUCH more impressive things than Zeus did.
---
Message From GameFAQs Moderation Staff at 2006-09-05 17:16:54
indiract flamin, its n the rules sherlocke
#56_Sypho_Posted 2/17/2008 8:06:19 PM
..Kratos' God powers are in the sword. Kratos is far stronger than Zeus. Kratos can likely do MUCH more impressive things than Zeus did.

You're basing that on opinion with no real proof. The fact is, Dante would win. They both are good and have pro's and con's but Dante is better. PLay DMC and then try to compare. Don't have one-sided answers based on you playing one series. Once you play DMC, you will see he is better. And GoW is based off of DMC, which shows DMC is better if it had to inspire the creator.
---
.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨) Sypho™
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.
#57DeadPresidents2Posted 2/17/2008 9:33:22 PM
^ It is not a fact. If it cannot be proved, there is no way it can be a fact. That is your opinion, which you have backed up. Until these characters become real people who fight eachother, we will never know, as of now, it's up to interpretation. And GOW is not based off of DMC. They share similar qualities. and GOW may have been somewhat influenced, but this is natural in the world of video games. I assure you, Dante is not the first video game character to jump. GOW is no more based off of DMC then DMC is based off of Mario.

And don't call me a fanboy for saying this. I own all DMC and GOW games, and have played them quite a bit.
---
My Teacher: Either do your work, or your expelled!
Me: A choice from my teachers... is as useless as my teachers themselves!
#58MoribalkenPosted 2/17/2008 10:46:30 PM
You're basing that on opinion with no real proof. The fact is, Dante would win. They both are good and have pro's and con's but Dante is better. PLay DMC and then try to compare. Don't have one-sided answers based on you playing one series. Once you play DMC, you will see he is better. And GoW is based off of DMC, which shows DMC is better if it had to inspire the creator.

How is it on opinion? Are you telling me Kratos has NO idea how to use his powers, despite beating the fates and two Gods? Kratos' powers are in that sword. He can do whatever he wants with it, within the limit of his powers. Kratos is stronger than Zeus and Zeus was able to do it. By the way, I've played every game in the DMC series up to 3. Dante would win in strict close combat, but Kratos will win if he's allowed to get off his attack using the BoO.
---
Message From GameFAQs Moderation Staff at 2006-09-05 17:16:54
indiract flamin, its n the rules sherlocke
#59jcllcjPosted 2/17/2008 11:59:22 PM
it depends on how angry kratos gets cause I notice that the more angry he gets the more badass he gets
#60blackhairpersonPosted 2/18/2008 12:11:54 AM
"How is it on opinion? Are you telling me Kratos has NO idea how to use his powers, despite beating the fates and two Gods? Kratos' powers are in that sword. He can do whatever he wants with it, within the limit of his powers. Kratos is stronger than Zeus and Zeus was able to do it. By the way, I've played every game in the DMC series up to 3. Dante would win in strict close combat, but Kratos will win if he's allowed to get off his attack using the BoO."

It is an opinion because you are simply basing on the assumption that since Kratos became the god of war, he can therefore use godly powers which ofcourse definitely means the magical attack Zeus used.

This is ofcourse, just illogical. In other words, it's like saying Kratos, simply because he became a god, can use any other random god/goddess's powers if he's stronger than them.

I'm telling you that Kratos has an excellent idea on how to use his powers, which is evident by beating the fates and 2 Gods. However this strength is NOT the GODLY power that Zeus used. If you actually remember despite it being the whole point of the game, Kratos lost his power and returned back to becoming a human only. His journey through GOW2 is successful through various aids that were provided but also due to his excellent fighting abilities, not some cheap godly magical BoO attack.

I'm also pretty sure that when Zeus used that attack to defeat the titans, it was before the sword was absorbed with Kratos powers.

I hope that makes it clear to you the difference between opinions and facts.
Facts = something really did happen, not you assume can/will happen.