To Young.

#198firebladePosted 3/14/2011 8:00:09 AM
I noticed a thread on here about PlayStation Home saying they were too young to access...

I had this problem and it was driving me mad, and I raised a log with Playstation who couldn't get to the bottom of it after about 4 weeks of trying and 2 weeks of locking me out so they could access my account, anyway I suddenly wondered if it had anything to do with the Parental Controls being enabled for games (I have a young daughter and don't want here accessing my games by accident) So I turned them off and low and behold Playstation Home loaded without issue.

So if you get the message "Your too young to access playstation home" and you have parental controls enabled, then that is the problem.

I have fed this info back up to Playstation and they said they would not only make it a part of their knowledge base (you would have thought it would be a question they asked wouldn't you) but maybe also look into an update that might prompt for your code if parental controls are enabled.

Happy to pass this on.
#298fireblade(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2011 8:01:46 AM
Should be Too Young in Topic... Doh!
#3Grizzle1981Posted 3/14/2011 9:24:45 AM
Interesting. Thanks for the info despite the fact that I'm 29.
---
Gaming Creds: G.A.P. member since 2003. Currently in PS Rewards Beta.
First system: NES with R.O.B., Gyromite, and Duck Hunt.
#4bbergePosted 3/14/2011 9:45:56 AM
I can see how this would be a problem. Is it possible to create separate user accounts on your PS3 such that the child's account has parental controls, but the adult's account is unrestricted? Somehow turning off parental controls seems to be defeating the purpose.
---
Bob Berge
XBL: BlackBox PSN: bBerge
#598fireblade(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2011 9:57:37 AM
Bob Berge posted...
I can see how this would be a problem. Is it possible to create separate user accounts on your PS3 such that the child's account has parental controls, but the adult's account is unrestricted? Somehow turning off parental controls seems to be defeating the purpose.
---
Bob Berge

The kids have their own accounts anyway, but the setting are under the general system setting not the User Account Settings.
#698fireblade(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2011 11:43:37 AM
Grizzle1981 posted...
Interesting. Thanks for the info despite the fact that I'm 29.
---
Gaming Creds: G.A.P. member since 2003. Currently in PS Rewards Beta.
First system: NES with R.O.B., Gyromite, and Duck Hunt.

And I'm 44 LOL
#7bbergePosted 3/16/2011 9:49:34 AM
98fireblade posted...

The kids have their own accounts anyway, but the setting are under the general system setting not the User Account Settings.

OK, then that's just ... broken. I guess Sony assumes that your kids will have their own separate PS3.
---
Bob Berge
#898fireblade(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2011 6:59:24 AM
Bob Berge posted...
98fireblade posted...

OK, then that's just ... broken. I guess Sony assumes that your kids will have their own separate PS3.
---
Bob Berge

To be fair, the parental controls work well, as there is no passwords on the accounts themselves then anyone could in theory use anyone else's account thus bypassing the parental controls. The easy fix would be for Sony to put the pass code prompt on Playstation Home rather than it just tell me I'm too Young... lol