Master Account - Can I have more than 1 on my only PS3?

#1GoddessGirlPosted 12/16/2008 1:27:52 PM
Can a single PS3 console have more than one Master Account? Since there was/is a problem entering Home with a sub-account I'd like to make all my accounts "Master" accounts. I know the usernames, trophies, etc won't transfer over & I'm not worried about that. The biggest reason for wanting another Master Account actually has nothing to do with Home.

Another question if you don't mind. I'm in the middle of setting up a Hong Kong PSN account & lucked into an interesting username/PSN ID. Can that same exact name be used if I open a new account in the US PSN? Or are all of our PSN ID's a one-time thing no matter what region of PSN you enter?

In a nutshell, can I make more than one Master account on my console? And if my NA/USA PSN ID is "GoddessGirl" can I also use "GoddessGirl" as my PSN ID in a Hong Kong/Singapore/Japan (etc.) account?
#2panickedthumbPosted 12/16/2008 1:34:48 PM
You can have as many master accounts as you want. You have to have a unique name for each region.
---
PSN id: panickedthumb
I'm always up for some TF2, Rock Band, or Burnout Paradise!
#3GoddessGirl(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2008 2:11:59 PM
Thanks for your reply =) I just completed a new user account for Hong Kong. Interesting how the Hong Kong PSN store still has the demo for Burnout Paradise while our US store no longer offers it. HK also has the MGS4 game-demo while the US store only has the MGS encyclopedia/info download. This is very cool.

So, how do I check if a newly created account is a master account?

Sorry if my questions seem silly. I've only owned my PS3 for a little while & haven't really done a whole lot with it other than play the few games I have.

One more question while I'm at it. How many unique PSN regions are there? I've had a US/NA account all along & now have a Hong Kong account. Are there any other regions I'm missing out on? Now that I see how different the HK PSN store is I'd like to see all of them, if possible.
#4GoddessGirl(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2008 3:09:30 PM
Anyone?
#5PedanticOmbudsmanPosted 12/16/2008 4:27:32 PM
Interesting how the Hong Kong PSN store still has the demo for Burnout Paradise while our US store no longer offers it.

You'll find a few playable things not on the US store. Try "Bacterius", it's pretty fun for a few minutes.

HK also has the MGS4 game-demo while the US store only has the MGS encyclopedia/info download. This is very cool.

US store has the MGS4 demo. It's been there for at least a month, and I checked it was still there. However, in the Hong Kong store, you can also get it in Japanese.

So, how do I check if a newly created account is a master account?

It automatically is, unless you already have a master account in the region & specified you wanted to create a sub-account of it. If you really don't know, go into "Account Managemnet" and "Account Information" and see if you can change your billing/address information. You can't do that with a sub-account.
#6dotxhackerPosted 12/16/2008 5:14:55 PM
One more question while I'm at it. How many unique PSN regions are there? I've had a US/NA account all along & now have a Hong Kong account. Are there any other regions I'm missing out on? Now that I see how different the HK PSN store is I'd like to see all of them, if possible.

I think there's two more. JPN PSN and EU PSN. There could be more though.
---
~RML~
#7GoddessGirl(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2008 6:50:06 PM
Excellent info, thanks =)

I just left the Home associated with my new Hong Kong account & it sure is nice over there. I'm not sure what the time difference is between there & California, USA but the place was practically empty. I actually had my first chance to finally try bowling. I ended up having a nice conversation with someone while we bowled & then we moved on to Darts (so much fun), & then pool. I noticed a whole arcade room filled with Namco games. Surprisingly that room was empty while the other arcade room with the usual games we get was filled.

Funny thing is that the person I bowled with is from Manchester, England yet didn't know anything about Home having different locations. I wasn't able to clarify my question as to how he is from England, but we both met on a Hong Kong "Home server"...yet didn't know about the different locations. Meh, even when I try to describe the situation it confuses even me >.<

What is a little confusing is how you can select "English" as your language & then your PDA & keyboard are all English language; which isn't confusing. What confuses me is that many people around me were communicating in Japanese (I guess) & we couldn't understand each other (obviously). Why wouldn't you have the option to switch the keyboard/PDA from English to the other language options?
#8PedanticOmbudsmanPosted 12/17/2008 3:01:49 PM
It was likely Chinese, not Japanese. They use the same Kanji alphabet so you're not going to be able to tell the difference just looking at the text.

Not sure how the English guy got there accidentally... did he say he was in England or just from England? Maybe he was actually living in Asia when he set up his PSN account & used his local address.

Your interface was probably in English because you selected English when you set up your HK PSN account. Each region has a list of allowed languages, i.e. Japan is Japanese-only, but Hong Kong lets you select between English and two languages that I can't identify because they're in Kanji, probably Chinese and Japanese, or possibly Mandarin Chinese and Cantonese Chinese.