Damn! Japan got medieval armor!

#1GAMESHARQPosted 6/11/2009 4:10:48 AM

I was just in the Japan Home and they have a new section in Threads called Demon Souls which contains different suits of armor for both male and female avatars. The kind of armor you would see in Elder Scrolls. I wish the U.S. would get something like that!

#2ShiftFromDarkPosted 6/11/2009 6:23:44 AM
I saw it, too. I was considering region hopping and buying a JPN PSN card so I could pick it up, but that's a lot of trouble.

Guess we'll just have to wait it out and see if we get it.
---
PSN: SixteenWays2Sun
#3GAMESHARQ(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2009 6:36:23 AM
If I knew how to region hop, I'd do that.
#4James MasonPosted 6/11/2009 6:54:10 AM
Demon's Souls is coming to USA and Europe, so just wait a little while and the costumes will be avialable too.
---
The wind carried screams from the west. I could not help but smile - Kain PSN/MGO ID : Stealth_Cobra | MGO Character : Stealth_Viper
#5KeyeszxPosted 6/11/2009 12:02:53 PM
Speaking of japan clothes how did people bring the mario overalls over to US?
---
Wii FC: 2436-5168-4125-4764
PSN/Gamertag: Keyeszx
#6Hard_WiredPosted 6/11/2009 3:30:40 PM
While Demon's Souls is confirmed for a U.S. release, the Home costume hasn't been officially confirmed by either Atlus or SCEA.
I'm not even sure if Atlus is planning on bringing over the costumes, or even want to participate in Playstation Home.

If anyone wants to see the Demon's Souls armor up close, just add TiffanyLockheart to your PSN friend's list and request a private showing. :p
You'll be removed afterwards, haha.
____

Keyeszx
Posted 6/11/2009 2:02:53 PM | message detail

The clothes are actually from Minna de Spelunker, it's a Japanese game on the Japan PSN Store.
You get the boots for completing Area 1.
The Torso with backpack for completing Area 3.
The Pants for completing Area 5.
ETC. You also unlock a Ghost trophy for completing the game, or getting the Platinum. I don't remember which.
#7GAMESHARQ(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2009 5:17:44 PM

Hard_Wired posted...
While Demon's Souls is confirmed for a U.S. release, the Home costume hasn't been officially confirmed by either Atlus or SCEA.
I'm not even sure if Atlus is planning on bringing over the costumes, or even want to participate in Playstation Home.

If anyone wants to see the Demon's Souls armor up close, just add TiffanyLockheart to your PSN friend's list and request a private showing. :p
____

Keyeszx

The clothes are actually from Minna de Spelunker, it's a Japanese game on the Japan PSN Store.
ETC. You also unlock a Ghost trophy for completing the game, or getting the Platinum. I don't remember which.

I hope you aren't region hopping to unlock stuff. I believe there was an announcement on the official Sony forums today saying that they are planning to patch the glitch and remove any unlocked items from region hopping from people who did it.

#8FireBrandPosted 6/11/2009 7:18:28 PM
Seems a bit wierd of them after the home mods said that while hopping wasnt condoned, it wasnt against the rules or a bannable offense. Its frowned upon but technicaly not considered a violation by the staff.
#9KeyeszxPosted 6/11/2009 8:19:23 PM

Hard_Wired wrote: While Demon's Souls is confirmed for a U.S. release, the Home costume hasn't been officially confirmed by either Atlus or SCEA.

____

Keyeszx

I hope you aren't region hopping to unlock stuff. I believe there was an announcement on the official Sony forums today saying that they are planning to patch the glitch and remove any unlocked items from region hopping from people who did it.

They've said that only to stop it. I still have my arcades from the namco beta. Actually I redownloaded it so I can get the other arcades and the all games one.
---
Wii FC: 2436-5168-4125-4764
PSN/Gamertag: Keyeszx
#10smoke-demonPosted 6/11/2009 9:04:41 PM

Id like the armor but im not gonna make another account just to get it. For thoose who did i dont think they should have their items taken away just because they wanted to go out of their way to get something. Not to mention it adds more to home, you dont see 100 ryu's or vegas you see the guy in the namco junk the guy in the armor or echochrome. Diversity is good.

More topics from this board...
Friend Trophymrmtmn11/25 4:34PM