American Owners and Football Clubs...

#1OGS20Posted 8/8/2008 11:16:12 PM
...DO NOT MIX.

Liverpool. United, the club I support, may have a deep rivalry with them, but I respect them, however, their owners are a disgrace to the game. They blocked Liverpool's signing of desperately needed Gareth Barry. Liverpool need firepower to fire their way back into the big title races. United's American Owners, the Glazier Family, are keeping their fat noses out of our club affairs (thankfully) and that's how it should be. Ownership in Football should be left to Supporter's Trusts, like the old days, when Shareholders United, or the Manchester United Supporters Trust, and similar groups ran the Clubs. Sadly, gone are the old days, but I do hope owners will one day realize they're there to invest money, and to serve as figureheads on the board. Nothing else.
---
Manchester United are the champions again! The trophy stays at Old Trafford for the 10th time in Fergie's 21 seasons!
#2LiamSkinnz1Posted 8/9/2008 12:17:02 AM
HOW DO THEY NEED ANOTHER MIDFIELDER?!?! THEYVE GOT TO MANY AT THIS VERY MOMENT IN TIME. Benitez has said he is lookin for sum1 on the left, i cant see Barry up&down the wing....idk.put benayoun or babel dere, if not kuyt seein as hes not gonna get many games now
#3OGS20(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2008 7:55:15 AM
What to liverpool have to lose by getting another mid? Especially one who can find the back of the net? United are only a few good seasons away from breaking Liverpool's all-time success record. When do they plan on winning the league again?
---
Manchester United are the champions again! The trophy stays at Old Trafford for the 10th time in Fergie's 21 seasons!
#4shaunchase05Posted 8/9/2008 10:52:58 PM
I would like to see UTD try an win the Champions league 5 times. NO British club is gonna get more than liverpool.
#5OGS20(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2008 11:37:20 AM
We've won it three times already mate, check your statistics before you make claims that 5 is impossible. Real Madrid, Inter Milan, United and Chelsea have the capability to dominate the league for the next 10 years.
---
#6OGS20(Topic Creator)Posted 8/10/2008 3:50:34 PM
This conversation actually reminded me of something. It's a chant I sang when United won the Champions League this year.

"We've won it three times!
We've won it three times!
Without killing anyone,
We've won it three times!"

---