The (Complete) Mission Ranking Guide

#71michaelP4Posted 2/25/2008 7:23:16 AMmessage detail
Great FAQ but I wish you made it clear not to post until you're done as those posts breaking up your FAQ are very annoying.

I guess it can't be avoided though, as even if you did, I bet someone would post anyway.
---
http://hcunion.com/forum/
#72michaelP4Posted 2/25/2008 7:32:26 AMmessage detail
I've read most of your FAQ and the only bad thing is for whenever you mention Stylish, I think it would've been best if you just kept to Human, Devil Hunter etc. instead of "Normal and Hard"

Althought you're summing it down to keep it short, you've actually complicated it slighty.

Apart from that, 10/10 overall. Brilliant FAQ. Maybe if it isn't too much trouble, you could try re-posting it again without any other users posting in between, it really doesn't matter though.

However, this FAQ will recieve alot of attention so meh, your choice. I'm sure you and another mod could try working something out like maybe posting this FAQ on another board then have a mod move it here and stickying it if it proves impossible to not have someone posting in it.
---
http://hcunion.com/forum/
#73Solaris_Paradox(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2008 9:48:30 AMmessage detail
I was trying to simplify things. Plugging the number in once is easier than plugging it in twice. I figured as long as I made it clear what the two categories referred to, it'd work. Meh, maybe I should have just used H/DH and SoS/DMD instead? Well, it doesn't seem all that difficult to read as is, so I'm not going to go back and change it. Too much work for a minor cosmetic touch like that.

As I said before, if you'd rather read the FAQ and tables without the annoyance of post-breaks like that, the text file in the FAQ section will suit you perfectly.
---
There are two ways to kill a troll. The first is to starve it. The second is to feed it so much that its guts burst out in a gory spray of intellectual agony!
#74the_blood_wolfPosted 2/25/2008 4:26:13 PMmessage detail
MasterOGA thats a good point I never thought of it like that.
---
PSN/MSN: End_of_Eden@hotmail.com Feel Free to add me!
#75MasterOGAPosted 2/25/2008 5:24:40 PMmessage detail
Solaris_Paradox: Any word from Capcom on the correct equations yet? You should also request that this become un-sticked until it's fixed.
---
How many nerd points do you have?
#76Solaris_Paradox(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2008 9:35:20 PMmessage detail
Customer service couldn't answer the question, instead referring me to an "Ask Capcom" forum I didn't even know existed. I've posted there. I'll see if they can give me an answer.
---
There are two ways to kill a troll. The first is to starve it. The second is to feed it so much that its guts burst out in a gory spray of intellectual agony!
#77the_blood_wolfPosted 2/25/2008 11:08:34 PMmessage detail
Solaris_Paradox I have just confirmed there is a Hidden Damage Multiplier and a mode Mulitpler. I believe Dante Must Die Multiplier is 3 as when the stats I posted earlier and I asked my friend to tell me his.

Mission 2 DMD

Time--9:37
Style--10811
Orbs--12865 (98%)

No Damage
No Item

Using (Clear Bonus + Style)*\ x Mode Multiplier(unknown number but its 3) x Time Rank x Orb Rank x Bonus and Penalties I was off only by 12, another small number again.

Mission 11

Time--12:48
Style--27716
Orbs--8490 (100%)

No Item

Overall points--652,672

Using the Same formula I was off by 50,000 or so. There has to a hidden damage Modifier for sure since, all no damage runs come out almost perfect to their actual score.
---
PSN/MSN: End_of_Eden@hotmail.com Feel Free to add me!
#78Solaris_Paradox(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2008 11:22:33 PMmessage detail
Interesting. What I don't get is why the damage modifier, then the additional bonus multiplier for No Damage? ...Well, we'll see if I get anything out of the damn Capcom-unity forums. If not, I'll just have to pull the formula part from the FAQ until I can figure out the formula on my own.
---
#79the_blood_wolfPosted 2/26/2008 6:55:49 AMmessage detail
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#80MasterOGAPosted 2/26/2008 10:13:55 PMmessage detail
Na, multiplication order doesn't make a difference in the outcome. Copy and paste these into your calculator:

(2500+27716)*1.2*3*2*3=
(2500+27716)*3*3*2*1.2=

They both come out the same number, you must have made an error typing them in is all :)
---
How many nerd points do you have?