This game is way better than Assault Horizon

#1Orcahi_IoriPosted 3/7/2012 8:50:28 AM
No forced dogfight mode in order to advance during the campaign and I missed how big some of the massive scale battles in this game. I am glad that I bought this game back even tho I was stuck on mission 9 before and I gave up , but now I was able to beat it thanks to this other guy' s strategy with the fuel bomb....
---
You don't have to fear me but you will respect me. Remnant of the Past
#2Ballistic_kissPosted 3/8/2012 12:13:13 PM
good stuffs
---
*it wasnt me it was the one armed man lol*
#3Skyguard117Posted 3/10/2012 12:00:02 AM
Orcahi Iori posted...
No forced dogfight mode in order to advance during the campaign and I missed how big some of the massive scale battles in this game. I am glad that I bought this game back even tho I was stuck on mission 9 before and I gave up , but now I was able to beat it thanks to this other guy' s strategy with the fuel bomb....

I disagree. Assault horizon is a better game in my opinion. I've been a fan since the first game and found Assault horizon to be a better game because of DFM. With DFM, not only is the game intense (You have control in this mode), but you will no longer shoot at dots from far away (Which is starting to get stale).

It's your opinion, but again, I found Assault horizon to be a better game.
#4Skyguard117Posted 3/13/2012 5:02:44 AM
I still love Ace Combat 6 because of the big battlefields. I also love Assault Horizon because of intense dogfights.
#5PositronCannonPosted 3/14/2012 3:15:00 PM(edited)

Orcahi Iori posted...

I disagree. Assault horizon is a better game in my opinion. I've been a fan since the first game and found Assault horizon to be a better game because of DFM. With DFM, not only is the game intense (You have control in this mode), but you will no longer shoot at dots from far away (Which is starting to get stale).

It's your opinion, but again, I found Assault horizon to be a better game.

Except pre-AH ACs have never been about "shooting at dots" and I have no idea why people keep saying this unless they just spam long range missiles at everything, which kinda takes away their right to complain, especially when guns stopped being useless in AC04 and only got better with each game. Besides, that's only a graphical difference - and last time I checked, gameplay was more important than graphics.

I don't actually have much of an issue with DFM itself (as long as it's 100% optional, which for practical purposes it isn't), just the impact it had on the overall game. Meaning, the watering-down of combat outside it and the scripted enemies. And yes, you have some control in it, but it feels severely limited and just a way to shove eye-candy up your tailpipe.
#6Skyguard117Posted 3/14/2012 8:44:46 PM
PositronCannon posted...

Except pre-AH ACs have never been about "shooting at dots" and I have no idea why people keep saying this unless they just spam long range missiles at everything, which kinda takes away their right to complain, especially when guns stopped being useless in AC04 and only got better with each game. Besides, that's only a graphical difference - and last time I checked, gameplay was more important than graphics.

I don't actually have much of an issue with DFM itself (as long as it's 100% optional, which for practical purposes it isn't), just the impact it had on the overall game. Meaning, the watering-down of combat outside it and the scripted enemies. And yes, you have some control in it, but it feels severely limited and just a way to shove eye-candy up your tailpipe.

What I mean about shooting at dots is that thats what I did most of the time in other Ace Combat games. There were certain moments where I can shoot bullets close but that doesn't happen very often. I honestly find shooting at dots (Mostly) from far away to be old.

While it's your opinion about DFM, I don't think it is about the graphics. When I say that DFM is intense, it is because it kept me gripped to my controller and it is up close and personal. I find it better than shooting at dots from far away.

Despite on what you have said about limited controls in DFM, I never find it to be limited. I have to adjust my speed, roll, turning, yaw etc. I am playing at Original controls.

Again, it is your opinion, but I find DFM to be the changes for the better.
#7Skyguard117Posted 3/15/2012 4:25:18 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8Skyguard117Posted 3/15/2012 7:09:31 AM
I feel like that I wanted to expand on what I have said before, but since I can't edit, I will post another message.

Positron, I don't think shooting at dots from far away is graphical at all, just gameplay. I mean, let's be honest, this is what we did most of the time in other Ace Combat games. Shooting guns close to the enemy is possible, but shooting at enemies from far away is more frequent. Imagine in an FPS where you shoot at a guy from far away. That's what it's like.

DFM is fast and requires quick reaction. Last time when I don't move my plane in DFM, the enemy got away. Not only that, enemies move erratically, making DFM even more thrilling and intense. Like I said before, DFM isn't about graphics, it's the intensity and wow did it succeed.

Finally, the scripted events... They don't bother me that much since they were few and far in between. It's your opinion to say that it ruined the campaign for you but for me, they don't bother me that much and I seriously enjoyed the campaign.

Like I said, it's your opinion, Positron, but I found Assault Horizon to be thrilling and DFM is the change for the better.