Is there a site like TorHead or WowHead for GW2?

#1guinness4lifePosted 4/28/2012 1:22:47 PM
I'm used to some other MMOs, giving this a try. Seems pretty fun, but I have no clue what's going on. I'm reading the Wiki, but I'm finding the system very bizarre.

I sthere a go-to website for this? Or can someone give me some advice? I'm looking at the GW2 wiki, kind of lacking.

I usually play a healer. There don't seem to be any. Or potions.

I'm playing a necro now. It seems kind of rogue-ish or shadow-ish, neither of which I really play.

What's a good tank or support class? I can play those I guess. I'm OK at tanking, but used to playing support. If not that, I guess I can always roll DPS.
#2Edge4o7_Posted 4/28/2012 1:23:47 PM
Try Guardian.
---
XBL: Edge4o7 SFxT Rufus/Lili
SSF4AE Seth UMvC3 Zero/Dante/Sent
#3BlazeAssassinPosted 4/28/2012 1:23:51 PM
As far as I've been able to find, the wiki is the best source of information at this time. I guarantee there will be a wowhead equivalent for this by the time its launching though.
#4nightwing_gaangPosted 4/28/2012 1:24:45 PM
Guardian seems to be the healing/tanking class. I'm playing with one now and it's awesome :D As for websites, the official beta forums should probably help ya out. They're down right now for maintenance though but just search Guild Wars 2 Beta Forums and it should pop up
#5guinness4life(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2012 1:58:47 PM
Thx guys. I'll try a guardian.

One of the guys in the other threads mentioned gw2builds.org, looks pretty helpful, I'm going to check that too.
#6koroko_korobasePosted 4/28/2012 2:00:19 PM
Funny thing, when you type /wiki in this game, it actually brings up the GW1 wiki and not 2. I just thought that was hilarious.
#7Xenofan0032Posted 4/28/2012 2:00:40 PM
Just so you know, there aren't any real healing or tanking classes. A few classes can survive better than others and a few have more healing than others, but only healing or only tanking aren't really options.
#8AMonkeyPosted 4/28/2012 2:04:39 PM(edited)
I'm not sure there will ever be a Wowhead equivalent. Wowhead worked because you would install an add on that would tract information, such as drop rates and crafting rates, and then upload to the site. Since GW2 has no add ons, stuff like drop rate won't ever be accurate, nor time efficient to collect.

A wiki will probably exist though, and would be more appropriate.
#9FelazanPosted 4/28/2012 2:04:37 PM
Elementalist seems to have the most reliable heals, until they fix engineer so that medkits actualy works on other players and not just yourself.