legendary weapons question

#1easycompany68Posted 9/13/2012 10:00:23 PM
Let me start off by saying i'm not even close to getting any legendary weapons but I was just surfing and found some info on recipes for them.

Gonna be real tough to make but I got kinda worried about something.

Aparently, each weapon type (sword, hammer, greatsword, etc) requires you to have 2 different crafting skills to level 400.

My quesion is, do you need to have level 400 for both the required crafting skills with the same character? \Or can i have level 400 of the required crafting on 2 differnt characters,

I'm almost at 400 jewler but im at about 100 armorsmith.....according to the sites i found those 2 equal daggers...I don't want daggers..lol The weapons i want need armorsmithing and weapon smithing so I'm wondering if I should just stop armor smithing now and do both armorsmith and weapon smith on another character..?

I know its early but if anyone knows, let me konw please..

thanks!
---
RAFFLES FOR SKILL 10 SR - check "easycompany" in search. IGN is sniper6868
#2ominousx23Posted 9/13/2012 10:03:21 PM
I would imagine single character or everyone will have legendaries if they can sell the mats.
#3xtacbPosted 9/13/2012 10:04:22 PM
you cant sell the gifts

you have to make the 2 gifts yourself

the gifts are account bound, so you can have multiple characters doing the crafting
---
Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?
#4Cookie BagPosted 9/13/2012 10:22:59 PM
I'm guessing account bound.

Also, read some article online... at least 2 million karma for a legendary seems massive...
---
People abusing the poll system with stupid polls is going out of control.
Please stop posting stupid polls.
#5Reaper_Chris92Posted 9/13/2012 10:29:55 PM
Cookie Bag posted...
I'm guessing account bound.

Also, read some article online... at least 2 million karma for a legendary seems massive...

I read that article and that was pretty much just a guess. They don't know pretty much anything about it and did a whole lot of guessing in it. I don't think it'll be 2 million, but if it is that is still pretty LEGENDARY. Better then getting something that is legendary 2 weeks after max level.
#6Cookie BagPosted 9/13/2012 10:42:47 PM
He got that amount based on the karma price of the materials, and with the assumption that mystic clovers can't be gotten other way than crafting, which currently requires karma items, and a lot of them apparently...

But yeah, if it takes months to make a legendary so be it, make the word legendary mean something.
---
People abusing the poll system with stupid polls is going out of control.
Please stop posting stupid polls.
#7easycompany68(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2012 8:05:03 AM
thanks everyone for the responces..

I actually agree, I think anything that is LEGENDARY should be hard to get.

I'm really only thinking ahead. I"m hoping that you can build legendary items with 2 crafting skills on two different characters...I think it makes sence that its account bound.

thanks again!
---
RAFFLES FOR SKILL 10 SR - check "easycompany" in search. IGN is sniper6868
#8steker16Posted 9/16/2012 8:38:51 AM(edited)
He got that amount based on the karma price of the materials, and with the assumption that mystic clovers can't be gotten other way than crafting, which currently requires karma items, and a lot of them apparently...

But yeah, if it takes months to make a legendary so be it, make the word legendary mean something.

also the fact that mystic clovers are not guaranteed from the forge recipe that gives them. its a recipe that gives you random tier 6 fine crafting materials(you need 250 of every single one), that also has a chance at giving clovers in the process

the best way for that portion of legendary crafting seems to be spam that recipe until you have 250 clovers, then see how many fine crafting materials you still need of each type and start to buy them when you have the money. once you have the clovers it wont be worth using that forge recipe anymore
---
nomnomnom
#9havok718Posted 9/16/2012 9:46:41 AM
Trust me 400 crafting skill is the absolute least of your worries in obtaining a legendary. That part is like 0.1% of the total effort. Don't even concern yourself with that at all. Get whatever craft you want on whatever character. Use craft to help you level up. After you spend the 500+ hours even getting close to completing a legendary, then you can worry about the 20 minutes and 2-3g it takes to powerlevel a craft to 400.