To make this game actually worth something...

#1Jackish_PersonPosted 2/18/2008 9:57:06 PM
They should make it so that every class only does their job. The reason GW PvP sucks so much is because the classes arent doing what they are supposed to be doing. They should make it so that only Monks heal, and only heal, with Warrior having ONE self heal. It should be like an actual MMO and have it so that Monks actually heal, Warriors actually take/give damage, Elementalists actually are damage-dealers/not tanks/not healers. Sure, there are some classes like Paladin/Paragon and Ritualist which have more than one roles and trhats fine. Just the classes that have one role and one role only shouldnt be given skills and oppotunities to do another classes job. They should do like Pre-CU SWG and old WoW.

The whole point of having 3 major MMO's is to experience different worlds/surroundings, different concepts and different ways of playing. BUT, that doesnt mean that they can't take actual good ideas from the other games and implement them into this game. I am now thinking that they SHOULD make a WoW Jr., because it would be better than this bull**** they've done in the past. What they do with GW2 is my deciding vote to going to WoW or not.
---
Looking fo' a good sig.... Will pay 3 /highfives and a /fail
#2I Like ToastPosted 2/18/2008 9:59:09 PM
don't play wow, hope ea doesn't ruin mythic and play warhammer like most people are going to >_>
---
http://www.mikelikes.net/
This is not a warning. This is a sentence
#3FenixInouvaPosted 2/19/2008 12:30:09 AM
and old WoW.

i assume by old WoW you mean back when the game first launched, in which case i think it should be pointed out that more or less the WoW you play today, is the classes working as the devs originally wanted them to work when the game first came out...

the game launched with every class having three different talent trees, which means the devs wanted the classes to not have to be stuck in ONE single role...

and to stay on the topic of your suggestion? no, GW2 should not force a class into a single role either... that just dumbs down and makes the game boring... one of the most fun things you can do is experiment with EVERYTHING that your class can do and figure out what works best for YOU and putting it to use...
---
This just in: Northrend has two zones:(1) the zone people who think there are only two zones will be playing in (2) the zone everybody else will be playing in
#4Jackish_Person(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2008 7:11:14 AM
thanks Toast for the advice...I probably will.

and to Kaotik....
The whole reason to having more than one character is to experiment different roles and classes. The only class in GW that had their own roles and stuck to it was Necros and Assassins, but they sucked after a long time of no attention from the devs. And when I said old WoW I meant about a month or two after it was out. But the whole reason they had 3 trees to go with was because that character had 3 roles to fill, and you had to decide which one you wanted to fill. Like Warrior for example, their was one tree that focused on Tanking, one that focused on dd, and one that focused on soloing/PvE. That is what GW should do. At least there wasnt any monk/warriors or necro monks or anything like that in WoW.
---
#5FenixInouvaPosted 2/19/2008 9:02:49 AM
there wouldnt be any dual classes in wow because they didnt design the game around the ability to have dual classes...

dual classing was one of the things i liked most about GW... it gave you the ability to play totally teh way you wanted to play... though comparing WoW and GW1 is like comparing apples and oranges, they are two totally different games... with different gameplay mechanics...
---
This just in: Northrend has two zones:(1) the zone people who think there are only two zones will be playing in (2) the zone everybody else will be playing in
#6I Like ToastPosted 2/19/2008 9:40:45 AM
wow has paladins, shamans, and druids that can all aid in healing, and until you get to end game raids they do good enough. WoW was never about 1 class 1 role, what it did do was 1 or 2 classes where best at a role. It had druid for it's jack-of-all-trades type.

In general, if ur tanking it's warrior or pally.
DPS rouge or mage
Healing Priest
CC hunter

pure pwnage lock

and comparing wow and gw1 is like comparing green apples to red apples.

but simple concepts of how 2 ORPGS, with class structure, pvp, and similar game concepts are similar, is something beyond your comprehension.
---
http://www.mikelikes.net/
This is not a warning. This is a sentence
#7Jackish_Person(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2008 5:46:59 PM
Toast just said what i was TRYING to say...im just not very good at explaining myself in most cases...
---
#8SMOOTHLINEPosted 2/20/2008 6:01:03 PM
no to make this game acctually worth something we cant have your opinions in it.
---
"Everyone always seems to be one step ahead of me
but thats when im on the edge of a clift"-smoothline peeps that like my sig 3
#9clowningPosted 2/21/2008 10:36:00 AM
Well, the problem with one class doing one thing is that it makes soloing difficult. It also can make team building difficult, if at the time there aren't enough of one specific class around.

Lack of flexibility also means less strategy in designing builds, which would ruin the experience for those who like to play around with unconventional ideas.

There are different games out there, and if GW (or GW2) doesn't do it for you, then there's always something else. You'll probably never find a game which will be "perfect" for you, but that's life, there's always going to be something you don't like.
---
Society failed to tolerate me; and I have failed to tolerate society. --Kreator
#10FenixInouvaPosted 2/21/2008 11:37:46 AM
thank you Clowning, thats just what i was attempting to say ^_^

less strategy = less fun in my opinion
---