Create an Elite Skill

#1toomanymmorpgsPosted 4/18/2008 10:45:10 AM

We all know Guild Wars 2 is coming up, so on this board, we can invent a new elite skill. There are rules, though.

1. Keep it reasonable. We don't want skills that instantly kill everyone, or makes you invincible. Also, a 200 dmg spell shouldn't cost 5 energy. Also, signets don't cost energy, and never will

2. No bad language.

3. The design should be as follows:

Skill name
Skill type (spell, stance, signet, ect...)
Character type (mesmer, ritualist, warrior, ect...)
Attribute
Cost/Casting Time/Recharge
Description
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let's use a real one as an example
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Energy Surge
Spell
Mesmer
Domination magic
10/2/20
Target foe loses 1...8 Energy. For each point of Energy lost, that foe and all nearby foes take 9 damage.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. Do not use this thread to insult someone (like making a skill called "Silence Toast" or "darkpriest sux".) I'm serious about this rule. Do not turn this thread into an argument.:evil:

5. Be original, but don't invent new character type/attributes. Making new skill types are fine.

Now to make a skill of my own :)

Blood Flies
Summon
Necromancer
Blood Magic
15/3/60
Summon 3 lvl 3.....18 Blood Flies. Attacks inflicted by these creatures inflict bleeding for 15 seconds. Also, whenever a Blood Fly you control deals dmaage, you are healed by the same a mount. The Blood Flies are untargetable, but die after 40 seconds. You may only be in control of 3 Blood Flies at a time.

#2LittleAkanePosted 4/19/2008 3:02:33 PM
Shadow Theft
Hex
Assassin
Critical Strikes
5/0.25/15
Shadow Step to target foe. For 5...8 seconds you and target foe share primary attributes(50% chance failure with Critical Strike 8 or less)

I.E. (If used on a ranger, the target ranger will gain Critical Strikes attribute as well as their Expertise, and you will gain Expertise as well as your original Critical Strike
---
Bleach: Blade of Fate 3351-2695-0028
#3darksoulpriestPosted 4/19/2008 5:58:21 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4darksoulpriestPosted 4/19/2008 5:59:28 PM
lulz failspotter using emotes.

Ursan Blessing.

That's the only elite skill you'll need in GW2. Don't worry about build a strategy for a team build using that in AB, it'll be on guildwiki so you can copy and paste it immediately.

---
FACT: Only ugly women hate/disagree with me. Are you an ugly woman?
#5toomanymmorpgs(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2008 6:04:17 PM
lulz failspotter using emotes.

Ursan Blessing.

That's the only elite skill you'll need in GW2. Don't worry about build a strategy for a team build using that in AB, it'll be on guildwiki so you can copy and paste it immediately.

Please reread the title, and then try not to be ignorant this time ;)
#6darksoulpriestPosted 4/19/2008 6:15:12 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7darksoulpriestPosted 4/19/2008 6:17:15 PM
Create an Elite Skill

Ursan Blessing is an Elite Skill in Guild Wars. And I'm creating it for Guild Wars 2.

Please stop being ignorant. If you want to see all the specs, here's a link for you.

http://guildwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ursan_Blessing

---
FACT: Only ugly women hate/disagree with me. Are you an ugly woman?
#8toomanymmorpgs(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2008 7:02:48 PM
Just because I use a Gamespot account doesn't mean I can't see what you put on gamefaqs.

This is what you've put:

Create an Elite Skill

Ursan Blessing is an Elite Skill in Guild Wars. And I'm creating it for Guild Wars 2.

Please stop being ignorant. If you want to see all the specs, here's a link for you.

http://guildwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ursan_Blessing

I'm not ignorant, you forgot to read the rules, #5 to be specific.

The rule is to be original.

That means not using an already made elite skill.
#9toomanymmorpgs(Topic Creator)Posted 4/19/2008 7:04:37 PM

Please disregard the following on my above post:

Just because I use a Gamespot account doesn't mean I can't see what you put on gamefaqs.

This is what you've put:

It seemed to show up faster on gamefaqs than it did on gamespot. =/

#10Jackish_PersonPosted 4/19/2008 10:27:22 PM
^^.......what?

and being original could be copying someone else. like say their is a skill absolutely no one expected to see in gw, for it would be hard to implement. he could "create" that skill for gw2. ta da, he's being original.
---
What would YOU do for a Jill Sandwich?