Transfer

#1justlikegamesPosted 5/6/2008 3:26:33 PM

So will you be able to bring your old account to this new game

#2toomanymmorpgsPosted 5/6/2008 4:12:22 PM

Part of the idea of GW:EN was so that you could carry over stuff into GW2, so chances are yes.

#3darksoulpriestPosted 5/6/2008 4:31:44 PM
If you were here back when the HoM was just announced, you'd know how disappointing it is. Practically, if you ever had anything worth money in Guild Wars, you cannot bring that to GW2. Just worthless nominal stuff.

Chances are, the Hall of Monuments is completely worthless and will be dropped by beta of GW2.

---
FACT: Only ugly women hate/disagree with me. Are you an ugly woman?
#4Jackish_PersonPosted 5/6/2008 7:09:06 PM
HoM fails, mainly because since I heard from many people that the only thing worthwhile in EotN was it's skills, I saw no point in wasting money on it. Now, I won't get any "benefits", will be considered a n00b to the GW franchise, and have no way to prove that I am not. And I am not going to waste money on a crappy game JUST so I can prove myself.
---
basically, puppies = money - Me
#5SCF_BlacKnightPosted 5/6/2008 10:31:20 PM

"Practically, if you ever had anything worth money in Guild Wars, you cannot bring that to GW2."

So you'd want to be able to bring all kinds of stuff over, so that you'll already have a head start on people who never owned GW1?

I'd like to have my stuff, but at the same time, I think it's better if everyone start off even. Unless im mistaken, you'll be able to carry over armor and weapon skins still, right?

#6darksoulpriestPosted 5/7/2008 5:15:23 PM
No, I'd rather have my stuff and be ahead of everyone else.

Example:

You're moving to a new country. Would you keep all your stuff when you move, or ditch it, and start completely fresh in that new country?

---
#7I Like ToastPosted 5/7/2008 6:02:05 PM
What does it matter if you get a head start dear fail spotter?

Isn't the core idea behind GW supposed to be that itn's not about time investment? If GW changes the gam eenough so that having starting items is going to be game breaking, there are other bigger issues at hand.

granted, you are a fail spotter so full of fail you fail to look at the bigger picture.
---
http://www.mikelikes.net/
This is not a warning. This is a sentence
#8SCF_BlacKnightPosted 5/7/2008 7:52:09 PM

Actually, if you read carefully, I asked him a question just to clarify what he was saying. I wanted to know if he wanted his "elite skins" or if he felt like he should have a head start due to the fact he played GW1.

Then, I simply stated my own opinion, and asked if what I was thinking was true about carrying over aforementioned 'elite skins'.

And I still wait for you to give me a logical answer as to why I should use Gfaqs over Gspot, as i've asked for every time you tried (and I use that term lightly) to insult me about what site I access these forums with.

#9darksoulpriestPosted 5/7/2008 8:21:20 PM
So you'd want to be able to bring all kinds of stuff over, so that you'll already have a head start on people who never owned GW1? I'd like to have my stuff, but at the same time, I think it's better if everyone start off even.

This is your opinion. Toast comments that it shouldn't matter if GW maintains the promise that their game won't involve heavy dedication. So in the end, it wouldn't matter to anyone whether I get my armors or not, because it doesn't take forever to get the crap.

Unless im mistaken, you'll be able to carry over armor and weapon skins still, right?

Would I be unhappy and criticizing about transferring my crap if I were allowed to bring it with me?

And the overwhelming majority of people using gamespot aren't exactly the best and the brightest. You can tell by quite a couple of fanboi's here who use it. They either make completely unbalanced elite skills, wishing they could use it in game and pretend to be leet, or their best defense of a game with flaws is that those flaws don't exist and that people who criticize certain aspects of a game are trolls.

---
#10I Like ToastPosted 5/7/2008 8:54:19 PM
actually if you read carefully, what you said to dsp didn't matter.

the only thing that mattered was

*deep breath now*

I'd like to have my stuff, but at the same time, I think it's better if everyone start off even ~ fail spotter #120380
---
http://www.mikelikes.net/
This is not a warning. This is a sentence