So, if you were to create every aspect of Guild Wars 2, what would you do?

#31I Like ToastPosted 6/21/2008 6:25:57 PM
rts heaven
---
Http://MikeLikes.net
moving is FUN FUN FUN
#32twistedcamelPosted 6/22/2008 5:13:57 PM
Starcraft is awesome and Starcraft 2 is gonna be even better. The Terran look awesome + the Thor and reapers = win.
---
This is Nintendo. Every online player is a rapist and/or sexual predator.
#33I Like ToastPosted 6/23/2008 8:14:29 AM
zerg > terran > toss
---
http://mikelikes.net/
Currently listening to: Weezer - Why don't you get a job?
#34twistedcamelPosted 6/23/2008 9:44:56 AM
I don't really like the Zerg, the whole like hatching and morhping thing is just kind of weird. Also, Lurkers are my most hated unit. Especially when you are attacking a zerg base and they have like 6 Lurkers and I have 0 comsats. So for me its like Terran> Zerg=Protoss.
---
#35darksoulpriest(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2008 11:07:23 AM
Zerg's the most popular right?

Isn't it also the hardest?

---
FACT: Only ugly women hate/disagree with me.
You are an ugly woman.
#36twistedcamelPosted 6/23/2008 11:34:40 AM
I'd say Terran is probably the most popular but thats just me. I'm not sure about the Zerg being the hardest to play as, they are just kind of confusing and not noob friendly. I don't know though because I never play as Zerg.
---
#37Jackish_PersonPosted 6/23/2008 11:56:20 AM
Zerg are the hardest to play as, but a good Zerg player can almost always beat a good Terran player or a good Protoss player. Zerg and Protoss are the most popular

Terran is a fun race to play as, and fairly good, but underrated, mainly because the Zerg was made specifically to pwn them.

Protoss is the n00b friendly race. They are so easy to be good at, that anyone can call themselves masters of that race. They are also impossible to become a dominant force, because of the lack in depth of unit types/abilities.

First post here in a couple of weeks, might as well make it a good one :D
---
basically, puppies = money - Me
#38I Like ToastPosted 6/23/2008 12:33:12 PM
please ignore these SC nubs.

in terms of easist to hardest to play, it goes Terran, Zerg, Protoss.

Terran are easy for newbies because Tank/Gols are a very versitle strat that can be made harder to counter with small aditions(M/M fodder and vessals for example).

Zerg are a little harder because their late game suffers if you don't l2dark swarm. However beyond that, it's just adjusting to that you need multiple hatcheries. Many people have a hard time with this because they feel the hatchery is like a command center or nexus and that you only need one for resource gathering.

Once you grab that concept i'd say zerg then leapfrog to easist until late game as none of their units require abilities. Lurkers become your most difficult to use unit, which is basically find a good spot to burrow and unleash hell. Again end game they suffer a bit, which is why far to often zerg players abandon ling/hydras and switch to muta/guards.

Toss is fairly difficult because many of their units have spells. As well as multiple units need to be closely watched(reavers, carriers). However they help ease the burden by having photon cannons for reasonable defense on expos. However they can be simplified down to mass goons early and mid an carriers and goons late. not a perfect strat, but something that will allow you to win some games while you grasp the finer points.

of course all of this can change depending upon your play style and what if any RTS you've played prior. Zerg naturally fit my play style of swarming your opponent. Terrans fit the more turtle approach, while toss favors the more micro managing efficiency types.

and if you needed any reason what so ever as to how much of a nub jackish is

mainly because the Zerg was made specifically to pwn them.

Terran counters Zerg. This little thing called firebats, absolutely WTF pwns zerg infantry. Wraiths/Vakys > mutas. Valky = ovys worst friend. Then sci vessal fleets with irradiate makes a zerg player cringe in their sleep.

If zerg is created for anything it's for early to mid against toss. Toss has a hard time as many toss players forget about reavers and neglect proper use of psi storm. Then as is well known scrouge = anti carrier. And Archons don't live long enough to warrant their high cost. The mass of zerg does a good job of countering the high power units of toss. Then top it off with a good zerg player can keep up an attack longer then toss do to build times, zerg can really push into a toss base well.

Then of course toss handles terrans fairly well. With several ways to dispose of Tank/Gol as well as the much fun that arbs can be. <3 stasis <3 recall.
---
http://mikelikes.net/
Currently listening to: Fountains of Wayne - Someone to Love
#39darksoulpriest(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2008 7:46:13 PM
too much info for a beginner.

I'll go play a bit more and feel for my most comfortable race.

I'm thinking swarming is going to be my easiest, though that time farming r3 commander may have made my micro-managing a bit better than before.

---
FACT: Only ugly women hate/disagree with me.
You are an ugly woman.