is this roumor true

#11maoricPosted 6/30/2008 3:39:19 AM
Creating a distinction based on armor skins still doesn't give any gameplay advantage though, someone with 60 armor and a regular skin is just as protected as someone with 60 armor and an elite skin. Distinction for older players was the goal of the HoM at conception according to their interviews anyways. There's also no telling how any potential HoM-derived armors will look compared to standard GW2 normal or elite armors, and the fact that after any real amount of time the game is most likely going to wind up with anybody able to get the elite armors that want them.

It would actually also be funny if they left it so newer GW2 players could buy GW1 and try to get things for the HoM if they really wanted to. One of the old interviews says that they most likely wouldn't since they wanted to reward older players, but it could be used as a way to try to lure people into purchasing the older games if only to get a set of armor they wanted. I've seen people spend money on stranger things in online games already.

---
Go to synaesthesia.
~Rez
#12clowningPosted 6/30/2008 7:17:00 AM
Your armor theory is mine as well, maoric. I've always thought that, given the direction armor took in GW. I remember the original armors had preset bonuses/effects. When they changed that to basically class-based armor-rated skins that players can mod with insignias, I assumed they would keep going in that direction with GW2.
---
The unexamined life is not worth living. --Socrates (attributed)
#13darksoulpriestPosted 6/30/2008 11:16:36 AM
At the very least, I hope that should your theory be correct, Maoric, that the armor skins come later in the game, where all players can get elite skins, rather than at the start of the adventure.

But then again, doesn't ANet have to reskin the original elite armors to update their look, as well as fit them for all races?

Sounds like too much of a hassle to me to reskin the elite armors for the races solely for the returning players.

---
FACT: Only ugly women hate/disagree with me.
You are an ugly woman.
#14I Like ToastPosted 6/30/2008 12:57:24 PM
what's harder, to create new armor or to copy old armor?
---
http://mikelikes.net/ latest entry Diablo 3, itís official! "
Currently listening to: The Killers - When You Were Young
#15darksoulpriestPosted 6/30/2008 1:53:35 PM
seeing as you'll probably have to do both, copying for humans, and creating (to some extent) for the other races, it'll be a hassle regardless.

I still say they won't do that.

---
You are an ugly woman.
#16I Like ToastPosted 6/30/2008 2:09:55 PM
but one has an extra hassle of actual creating the initial idea.
---
http://mikelikes.net/ latest entry Diablo 3, itís official! "
Currently listening to: AFI - Miss Murder
#17darksoulpriestPosted 6/30/2008 3:10:20 PM
quite true.

But both ways are annoying, so I don't truly think ANet will do a thing with the HoM. They make some insignificant title, which is definitely less hassle than reskinning armor or making new armor for old elites.

---
You are an ugly woman.