Microtransactions Part 1: Aesthetics

#1darksoulpriestPosted 11/12/2008 8:53:08 PM
I'll be posting mine up soon. Not now though, possibly this Friday, I have an AP Comp Govt test to be studying for.

Remember, just post micro's for aesthetics, not for anything else, I'll eventually make topics for other sorts soon.

---
One time some griefer Kept Ubering a scout that Dominated me I Pulled out my Computer wire and Punched a wall.~Riverdude
#2I Like ToastPosted 11/12/2008 11:48:48 PM
colorful panties just $1.99 for 3 colors!
---
http://mikelikes.net/ latest entry "Rock Band 2 Review"
Computer fund: |llll|llll|llll|llll|
#3darksoulpriest(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2008 12:35:19 AM
Shut your pie hole scrub, before I PvP your ass up. :D

Okay, let's go!

Shiny Hands 99c for one, $11.99 for account

Essentially, you can buy what the Proph (CE iirc) gave you. You can choose your color and use the emote on one of your characters, or your account if you so pay for it.

PvP weapon skins 99c - $3.99

Who spends their tournament reward points on PvP armor? That's just stupid. Pay for the skins now, instead! Each skin will vary on how cool it looks, from 99c to $3.99. Voltaic spears and those sorts of prestige items are the $3.99 ones. Per character, however, and only for PvP.

Other professions' dances $1.99

Get another person's dance emote for your character? Want your monk to dance like a ranger? Buy it!

Collectable Heroes! $1.99 per hero for account

Want Togo back? Anton? <Insert previous hero or NPC from GW>? Well, but it, and use them for HB!

---
One time some griefer Kept Ubering a scout that Dominated me I Pulled out my Computer wire and Punched a wall.~Riverdude
#4I Like ToastPosted 11/13/2008 9:32:45 AM
No one would buy that crap, but panties! now that would sell like hotcakes.
---
http://mikelikes.net/ latest entry "Rock Band 2 Review"
Computer fund: |llll|llll|llll|llll|
#5Phazor58Posted 11/13/2008 3:45:14 PM
They would have to make the PvP weapon skins account-wide, rather than per character. Most people delete their PvP character every few weeks, or even days, which is the reason why no one uses tournament points to buy them. If they make it account wide (for PvP characters only still), then people would buy them much more often.
---
PSN: Phazor58
(Put gamefaqs/gamespot in the friend message or I will not add you)
#6Pirate 2Posted 11/28/2008 2:46:01 AM
OmG i would buy shiny hands for 12 dollars for sure!

not really.

but arrested development skins on the other hand... blue tobias ftw! id totally pay to be zoidberg from futurama too. now that i think about it, a futurama mmo would be completely badass, you could pay for a total reskin of the game. screw vanilla gw2.
#7darksoulpriest(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2008 12:07:00 PM
/facepencil.

---
Side Effects include Ingrown Testicle, Outgrown Testicle, and Testicular Testicularization~Stephen Colbert, Cheating Death
#8Pirate 2Posted 11/28/2008 8:59:50 PM
haha! /facepencils all around for a combination of wishful thinking and sarcasm! this truely is a great thanksgiving weekend!
#9Pirate 2Posted 11/28/2008 9:01:03 PM
i guess ill just have to settle with the panties then.
#10XeroComplexPosted 11/29/2008 4:08:15 PM

Microtransactions only diminish the integrity of the game, it makes it feel less like a game and more like a collector race. 

Buyable in-game items ftl