Playable Races

#21maoricPosted 1/5/2009 7:13:45 AM
maoric | Posted 1/4/2009 6:20:46 PM | message detail
Hard to say. The GW2 Canthan back story doesn't specify if he paid attention to Shing Jea Island, just that he began to drive non-humans from Cantha.

The key word there is began. It doesn't say whether he finished or not, and also doesn't say if he included Shing Jea with the Canthan Mainland. If he did drive them totally out of Cantha, it gives more credibility

to having a plot for getting the Canthan emperor overthrown or to reopen his borders and allow the Tengu back to their homeland

which would give a plot point for the expansion and reasoning for a Tengu playable race. *headsplodes from lack of info again*

---
Go to synaesthesia.
~Rez
#22Fatal-Chaos(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2009 8:45:46 AM

maoric posted...
Mursaat don't work as playable partly for the same reason as the Dwarves, they're nearly all killed off during the course of the game. Justiciar Naveed and Glayvin's quests in Alcazia Tangle explain that the Mursaat were all but destroyed during the Prophecies endgame, the few remaining are using dirty tricks to prevent themselves from perishing as well. Also, they're totally evil.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/User_talk:Linsey_Murdock/Questions5#Asura_and_Mursaat

They will be part of GW2 in some form if that is any indication, but I highly doubt they'll be playable. Ever.

---
Go to synaesthesia.
~Rez

And that is exactly why i think Mursaat will not be a playable race.

#23Fatal-Chaos(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2009 8:54:14 AM

Phazor58 posted...
Ok for those who do not believe me, here is the link from the main site, if you don't know where it is scroll further down the page to where it talks about the Races. Enjoy.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2

That says several, not seven.
---
PSN: Phazor58
(Put gamefaqs/gamespot in the friend message or I will not add you)

What's the difference? It still means there will be at least 7.

#24Fatal-Chaos(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2009 9:01:01 AM
I also don't think Cenataur will be a playable race because there isn't many of them, and they didn't play much of a role in GW, they were just helping out. Those 2 reasons arn't much but im just certain they wont be a playable race, only time will tell i suppose. And i know you thinking a couple other classes didn't play a majour role, but the new one introduced Sylvia, they can create a new story with them, rather then trying to recreate the orginal, which they would have to do to use Cenataurs.
#25Phazor58Posted 1/5/2009 5:31:19 PM
How does several mean seven...
Example in a game: Heroes of Might and Magic Series
-Several consisted of anywhere from 5 to 9 enemies.

Merriam-Webster Dictionary:
-More than two but fewer than many

So yeah, that in no way confirms seven. Also, it's Sylvari, not Sylvia. /facepencil
---
#26Fatal-Chaos(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2009 8:16:44 AM

Phazor58 posted...
How does several mean seven...
Example in a game: Heroes of Might and Magic Series
-Several consisted of anywhere from 5 to 9 enemies.

Merriam-Webster Dictionary:
-More than two but fewer than many

So yeah, that in no way confirms seven. Also, it's Sylvari, not Sylvia. /facepencil
---

I know it's Sylvari i just forget the spelling of it and i couldn't be botherd to check it, and what my point is i know Several doesn't mean Seven but your still wrong in your argument because im talking about GW not in general, why would they say Several races the first five are announced if they weren't meaning to add any others? Heck they might add only one more mabye 3, but im just saying there is going to be more. It's a game forum, you're not proving anything with negative comments mate, just don't bother.

#27darksoulpriestPosted 1/6/2009 3:15:19 PM
logic does not compute.

several doesn't imply at all that there'll be more than the ones they've announced for launch.

hell, they could be saying several just because it sounds better than saying five.

you're looking FAR too into that word.

---
"The question we should be asking ourselves is not, why were the Republicans rejected by the voters, but who can we blame for it?" ~Stephen Colbert
#28Matrix198Posted 1/7/2009 2:42:29 AM
They could always add races in expansion's to. like the one poster said several can be 5-9. so far 5 or so have been confirmed plus more could always be added before or after GW2 launch.
#29Shadow1975Posted 1/8/2009 1:05:28 PM
why would they say Several races the first five are announced if they weren't meaning to add any others?

5 is several. Adding more is possible, but not guaranteed by that statement. Forgotten would be a fairly easy one to add in, and they played a role in both Prophecies and Nightfall. Not really concerned about it until they announce something more important, like when BETA will be held.
---
Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Abe Lincoln
#30darksoulpriestPosted 1/8/2009 7:45:19 PM
last i heard, shadow, you were trying to stave off matt and the e-tards from taking over the nightfall boards.

---
"The question we should be asking ourselves is not, why were the Republicans rejected by the voters, but who can we blame for it?" ~Stephen Colbert