I Have Decided...

#1Jackish_PersonPosted 3/6/2009 7:55:21 PM
...to start playing Guild Wars again.

Honestly, I haven't played it since May of 08 (as in, played for longer than an hour) because my computer sucks too much as of late. Everything's been bogging it down, and once it gets bogged down, I can't seem to get it fast again.

I don't know what has suddenly influenced this new want to play. Perhaps my sudden interest in fantasy and medieval-themed activites? Pressure from old friends? My increasing boredom?

Anyways, I need any and all tips to make it more...enjoyable.

Since I couldn't remember the account name and password, I've had to rebuy the games, so I only have Prophecies at the moment. All my money is spent elsewhere, so it may be a month or so before I can get any more Campaigns.

Now to sit and let the updates...well...update.
---
Get the sturdiest box you can find, drag it to the ocean, sit in it...
And try to float to Australia. It'll work, I promise. 'Cause I'm a chef.
#2maoricPosted 3/6/2009 8:04:26 PM
You don't remember the email you used to register the games?

---
Go to synaesthesia.
~Rez
#3darksoulpriestPosted 3/6/2009 11:05:12 PM
yeah, i went back a few times before, but i've kicked the habit.

i've grown bored of all the tactics that go in, and have in favor gone to mindless shoot-em-up games.

playing tf2 and all. and waiting for re5.

its also nice chatting with maoric about the purpose of life on steam.

btw, has anyone seen the new watchmen movie? just came back from it.

---
"The question we should be asking ourselves is not, why were the Republicans rejected by the voters, but who can we blame for it?" ~Stephen Colbert
#4CRCGamerPosted 3/7/2009 12:39:33 PM
Aye saw it at the midnight release on Friday with a few friends... fully expect that there are already a number of bad jokes based on the movie. Some of them are just too obvious to not get used.
#5Jackish_Person(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2009 1:50:43 PM
I thought I used the same email as the one I use here, but apparently not.

Tried 2 others, couldn't get it to work. So I said screw it, and just bought it again.

I used to be simply content with playing Dead Frontier, but once I got into the medieval mood, I had to play Guild Wars again.

Anyways, until I build my new computer, it's not worth running.
---
#6darksoulpriestPosted 3/7/2009 2:48:23 PM
it got old, quick.

i tried playing pve, but that got old, and pvp got just as old.

i'm guessing i'm just not the mmorpg-esque gamer. it's alright if there's additions that somehow let me tweak how i play, but if it stabilizes, i get bored quickly.

which is why i don't play wow anymore either.

---
"The question we should be asking ourselves is not, why were the Republicans rejected by the voters, but who can we blame for it?" ~Stephen Colbert
#7clowningPosted 3/7/2009 6:23:25 PM
I also care little for MMORPGs..though technically GW is not an MMO, I suppose, it is similar.

I think all MMORPGs and some SPRPGs, suffer fromthe same design flaw: in the end, they are just grindfests, and I don;t see how anyone can find that fun, though I guess some do.

Grind for gear/skills/whatever and then go PvP...over and over. It's incredibly monotonous. The only reason I enjoyed GW as much as I did was simply because friends of mine and my brother played it, and we played the thing together. They were the reason I even got GW to begin with, since the game was always advertised as a PvP dream and I hate PvP in RPG games. If I want PvP I'll play a shooter, or a game of chess.
---
The unexamined life is not worth living. --Socrates (attributed)
#8darksoulpriestPosted 3/7/2009 7:42:11 PM
i'm guessing i'm just not the mmorpg-esque gamer. it's alright if there's additions that somehow let me tweak how i play, but if it stabilizes, i get bored quickly.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/-esque

---
#9Jackish_Person(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2009 1:13:05 AM
I didn't even get out of Pre-Searing until I got tired of my crappy computer being barely able to run the game.

Looks like I'm waiting two months to play it.
---
#10darksoulpriestPosted 3/8/2009 10:55:04 AM
jeez, i didn't even have trouble playing this on dial-up...

what kinda computer do you have? a '95!?

---