Anyone play GW 1 anymore?

#1SilentSopranoPosted 11/25/2009 8:06:43 PM

Does anyone play the original Guild Wars anymore (with the expansions)? I used to play that game a while ago and it was really fun, but I tried getting back into it multiple times but couldn't. I'm just curious if anyone still plays it. Also, I don't mean just you guys either, but can someone tell me what it's like in game compared to back in its heyday?

#2xXLostProphetXxPosted 11/26/2009 8:50:32 AM
I do every now and then, I mainly just check up on some good friends that I have made.
I've beaten every campaign and I've tackled a lot in the game. I have a Hero title, I've been in GvG elite guilds, I've farmed many nice weapons, I just did a lot that GW has to offer and now I'm like 'meh' lol just because it isn't as appealing.
I however still want to earn the Sorrow's Furnace trophey, but...

I love GW and I can't wait for GW2. :D
---
#3SilentSoprano(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2009 2:23:31 PM

xXLostProphetXx posted...
I do every now and then, I mainly just check up on some good friends that I have made.
I've beaten every campaign and I've tackled a lot in the game. I have a Hero title, I've been in GvG elite guilds, I've farmed many nice weapons, I just did a lot that GW has to offer and now I'm like 'meh' lol just because it isn't as appealing.
I however still want to earn the Sorrow's Furnace trophey, but...

I love GW and I can't wait for GW2. :D
---

Wow, sounds like you did a lot. Yea, I can't wait for GW2 also, just from that trailer they released it looks 10 times better than GW1 already.

#4Sputnik1337Posted 11/26/2009 4:00:03 PM
Its pretty dead now compared to back in the day tbh.
---
http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu9/npaintv2/image32.png
#5RipVanWinkle_Posted 11/27/2009 2:10:05 AM
Still play all the time.
---
"No reply? no snide remarks this time? Well, that's a first, coming from the Gamefaqs community. I love you too. "
#6I Like ToastPosted 11/27/2009 9:19:49 AM
the biggest difference between gw now and then, is you could actually pug gw before, meet some new people.

Now you have 3 options
1.) con a irl friend to play with you
2.) join one of the few remaining pve(lawl) guilds.
3.) hero/hench the game.
---
http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss299/DethMashein/toast.png
Do you like toast: Yes: 190 No: 0
#7xXLostProphetXxPosted 11/27/2009 10:46:50 AM
SilentSoprano, I can't wait for GW2 it looks and sounds like it is going to be absolutely amazing.

I feel... taunted lol not knowing more.

My expectations are really high, and it seems like the path ANet is taking will succeed to fulfill my expectations.
---
#8Kurir_TelmonkinPosted 12/7/2009 1:18:33 AM
Still play all the time, just recently got to 15 max titles, still need to complete 4 of the 5 elite areas though
---
Clank: Hold on! This one says "Use rock to break glass to get wrench to break glass to get rock". Ooh! I love logic puzzles!
#9Cool_new_namePosted 12/7/2009 2:26:54 AM
I log on after skill updates and for holiday events.
I been thinking of logging in to see the Dhuum addition to the Underworld, but I am busy with Tekken 6, Dragon Age and AC2 right now.
I'll probably log in for the Wintersday events.
#10darksoulpriestPosted 12/7/2009 2:17:56 PM
Dhuum addition to the UW?

Explain nao.

---
DSP's Extra Tidbits: that or link me wiki page por favor.