New Guild Wars 2 trailer: The Races of Tyria

#1doctorofwhoPosted 12/4/2009 9:36:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEdr8HHJ-zU

more info on races here: http://www.guildwars2.com/en/world/races/
---
A wise man once said to me, "life is hard, but it's harder if you're stupid" - Duthos
#2def_modePosted 12/4/2009 10:14:14 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3maoricPosted 12/4/2009 12:01:39 PM
Most of the information is a rehash, unfortunately. But we did learn a small bit about the "evil" factions for the races. Good to see new scenery and armors, and to finally see the male Sylvari and Female (I think) Charr. The spells look pretty decent as well, and the localized thunderstorm may have been our first glimpse of an AoE of some sort.

Sylvari took one step toward and away from elves at the same time, some of them have pointed ears but pretty much all of them have very visible plant-like texturing on their skin.

---
Go to synaesthesia.
~Rez
#4darksoulpriestPosted 12/4/2009 12:13:10 PM
I'm just telling you now, bud, I called it. They're our equivalent of elves.

But I'm just happy that there are some frequent updates like this. At least it won't be as bad as a dry season as we had from 08-09, but it's not flooding us with too many promises or info yet.
#5I Like ToastPosted 12/4/2009 12:15:41 PM
if the gameplay can match the pretty, good things could happen.
---
http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/ss299/DethMashein/toast.png
Do you like toast: Yes: 202 No: 0
#6maoricPosted 12/4/2009 12:35:46 PM

From: darksoulpriest | Posted: 12/4/2009 2:13:10 PM | #004

Without a doubt. But at least they're not full-on stereotypical elves in the look department.

---
Go to synaesthesia.
~Rez
#7ChunkyMonkeyLOLPosted 12/4/2009 12:36:12 PM

From: darksoulpriest | Posted: 12/4/2009 11:13:10 AM | #004

Yes, because nobody EVER made that connection before.
---
I wish I had my own Succubus...
The flatter the chest, the closer I am to her heart
#8darksoulpriestPosted 12/4/2009 12:54:18 PM
You actually have no idea what I'm talking about because the conversation I'm referring to happened way back when.

---
DSP's Extra Tidbits: So be a good lil boy and pack your sarcasm and go home.
#9aura_enchantedPosted 12/4/2009 3:19:33 PM

odds are they will play out more like the what there names from D & D online. where one set of armor can change there whole appearance.

#10Irvy_and_SelphyPosted 12/4/2009 8:32:58 PM
Actually, to me Sylvari have more in common with dryads of Greek Mythology than with elves in my opinion. Their connection with nature is too high even for elves (they are born from a tree!). Althgouth elves and driads' popularized conceps are very similar, so I guess you can compare the Sylvari with both!

Back on the topic of the video, I found it very interesting! 'good to hear about the 5 Destiny's Edge character's! Hopefully they'll be part of the game, too (like Dwayna, Cynn and Mhenlo in GW).

You know Felicia Day is doing Zojja (the Asura)'s voice? Another reason for me to want Destiny's Edge as part of the in-game story! :p
---
''Are you saying I'm a liar with the falseness of fictioness and the statements untrue?'' Pilz-e