Release date?

#1Red01MustangGTPosted 6/18/2010 7:31:03 AM
I know there is nothing official, but just wondering what the general community felt. Do you think it might be out by end of this callendar year? Or are you feeling it's more 2011 or even 2012 before this comes out?

---
Thermaltake Mozart TX | OCZ GameXtreme 700W | AMD Phenom 9950 | ASUS M3A78-T | 4GB (2X2) Corsair Dominator | VisionTek 4870 | WD 640GB HDD X3 | Vista x64/XP x86
#2Shadow1975Posted 6/18/2010 11:38:28 AM
Half way through the year and no beta, and no beta announcement. I'd say it will be out this year for sure (sarcasm is dropping from my mouth). Mid 2011 at the earliest is my guess considering how long it takes them to add new info to the official site (2 classes of 8 over 5? months now) and the fact they have not announced anything on a beta. Best we have is that there will be a playable demo at some conferences this summer, and yet that is extremely misleading for anyone who doesn't know how the game industry works.
---
Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Abe Lincoln
#3Lun-SeiPosted 6/18/2010 12:37:02 PM

Shadow1975 posted...
Half way through the year and no beta, and no beta announcement. I'd say it will be out this year for sure (sarcasm is dropping from my mouth). Mid 2011 at the earliest is my guess considering how long it takes them to add new info to the official site (2 classes of 8 over 5? months now) and the fact they have not announced anything on a beta. Best we have is that there will be a playable demo at some conferences this summer, and yet that is extremely misleading for anyone who doesn't know how the game industry works.
---
Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Abe Lincoln

Uuuuhm, I don't think they are so early in the development maybe. They may start releasing info for each profession at an earlier pace...?

And isn't a playable demo a good sign? I was thinking about a late April release, I must say...

#4darksoulpriestPosted 6/18/2010 1:40:06 PM

They may start releasing info for each profession at an earlier pace...?

There's more mechanics to be working on other than the professions, so releasing them at an earlier pace would signal nothing.

And isn't a playable demo a good sign? I was thinking about a late April release, I must say...

One area. One profession. One type of enemy. This could easily be their "demo." Ultimately, we'll need to see how fleshed out their demo is before we can really make more accurate predictions.

---
DSP's Extra Tidbits:
#5Lun-SeiPosted 6/18/2010 2:14:03 PM

darksoulpriest posted...

They may start releasing info for each profession at an earlier pace...?

There's more mechanics to be working on other than the professions, so releasing them at an earlier pace would signal nothing.

It's true... but they may just start adding a lot of stuff to the website when the time is near. Heck, DC Universe Online is going to release this very November and yet the website is bare-bone and doesn't give many informations. So website completion doesn't necessarily equal game completion I guess.

darksoulpriest posted...

One area. One profession. One type of enemy. This could easily be their "demo." Ultimately, we'll need to see how fleshed out their demo is before we can really make more accurate predictions.

True, true.... we can only cross our fingers and see how developed that demo will be.

However, I once noticed some interview in which the developers said they were originally hoping to release the game at the end of 2010. If that is true, and if my guesses are right, it means that even if they postponed it to 2011 it can't be later than an April/May release.... I mean, hopefully we won't have to wait till next summer.

#6PoisonArcPosted 6/18/2010 2:29:07 PM
playable demo august ^.^
---
pew pew
#7Shadow1975Posted 6/19/2010 11:02:17 AM
Without a beta out yet, any demo will be based off of purely developer input. Although that may not be bad, it is certainly limited for what a final product will be. As far as their website updates, let me expand a little to see if you can see what I do.

They said 8 classes, and the site has a picture with 8 characters. Of those 8 characters, however, only 2 are visible outside of a shadow. Certainly this means they have at least concept art to go with the classes, and names for them, if not weapons, attributes, skills, etc. With a release schedule of months between the first 2 classes being announced, the last 6 will be finishes next year. Now, they could dump all the info for all 6 classes at once, or they could speed up the time between info. But currently it looks like they are slow to release info so they can finish working on things to provide more for each 'release'.

The info on classes is somewhat vague still, and all the other info (that they released) is also vague. Do we know more than a handful of skills for the 2 classes they announced? Do we know about attributes, level, weapon requirements/damage/mods? Do we know anything about combat outside of the few videos we have seen? How many people can actually participate in a battle? How many monsters will be on a map? Will monsters respawn over time, based on quest activity, based on character level, etc.? If monster spawn is dependent on character level, what happens when a level 20 character is playing with a level 1?

What have they released regarding the HoM and GW1?

I see a lot of holes. I am glad they are releasing info, and I do not have a problem with how they are doing it. However, I do recognize that the info is designed to draw attention and build anticipation. Nothing they have done so far indicates a release, just hype for when it will come. Hype is for the general idiots who don't understand how the gaming industry works.
---
#8PoisonArcPosted 6/19/2010 12:29:21 PM
^ I know all of this...
---
pew pew
#9darksoulpriestPosted 6/19/2010 1:25:33 PM

Hype is for the general idiots who don't understand how the gaming industry works.

You're oversimplifying what hype does for a game.

---
DSP's Tidbits:
#10CalviniusLVPosted 6/19/2010 4:23:37 PM
My best guess without any real knowledge ='s early 2012. (or late 2011 if we're really lucky)