Minion master

#1spritepacPosted 9/2/2011 12:47:55 PM

So I was wondering how a MM was going to play in gw2. In the videos i have seen i have only seen that little flying minion thing that looks like it sucks so hard from my understanding it won't be like a MM in gw1 but is MM still viable in gw2?

#2FonyPosted 9/2/2011 12:59:56 PM
http://www.necrobator.com/events/sdcc/sdcc-hands-on-the-viability-of-minion-masters/
---
It's not the end of the world, but we can see it from here.
#3ManiusPrimePosted 9/2/2011 1:01:46 PM
They haven't said anything about it. I do imagine it will be back in the game. The flying ones just seem far harder to control then minions that are more ground based. They are trying to also make sure there is a balance between classes. So it will be nice when they show all their skills.
---
Manius
Imperator
#4darksoulpriestPosted 9/2/2011 1:14:21 PM(edited)
There are MM's for sure in GW2, but not in the traditional sense that GW had. It's going to be more using the right minions for the right situations rather than creating a horde and spamming Jagged Bones
---
Dynamic Sig Says: http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/9713506.jpg
#5Witch ElfPosted 9/2/2011 2:10:47 PM
You actually can make a horde, too.

The flying minion that you see is the necro's heal skill. Its attacks send HP back to the necromancer. The necromancer then can activate the secondary skill to kill the minion and absorb a large amount of health back.

There's also a trait that increases the number of bone minions you summon from that particular utility. However, since the trait system is being reworked, we don't know if it will make it.

Lich Form, the necromancer's elite they been showing off, can summon critters. When Lich Form ends, the critters stay with you. It's entirely possible to enter a new zone for the first time, activate lich form, and get yourself a small army while the elite recharges.

And there is concept art for a creature that looks suspiciously like a flesh golem.

The difference between a GW1 and GW2 minion master (aside from the obvious) is that the GW2 minion master can still attack. So your summons still act as meat shields while you dish out the damage. Personally, I think I'll be using dagger and warhorn. Maximum life stealing that way, and necromancers can be absurdly powerful tanks.
---
"Aw, what did they do to Jenny?" - The Darkness
#6spritepac(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2011 2:52:29 PM

i understand its not going to be the huge hordes that gw1 had but still 7-10 minions doesnt sound unreasonable as MM was quite a fun role to play

#7darksoulpriestPosted 9/2/2011 3:30:22 PM(edited)

You actually can make a horde, too.

The flying minion that you see is the necro's heal skill. Its attacks send HP back to the necromancer. The necromancer then can activate the secondary skill to kill the minion and absorb a large amount of health back.

There's also a trait that increases the number of bone minions you summon from that particular utility. However, since the trait system is being reworked, we don't know if it will make it.

Lich Form, the necromancer's elite they been showing off, can summon critters. When Lich Form ends, the critters stay with you. It's entirely possible to enter a new zone for the first time, activate lich form, and get yourself a small army while the elite recharges.

And there is concept art for a creature that looks suspiciously like a flesh golem.

The difference between a GW1 and GW2 minion master (aside from the obvious) is that the GW2 minion master can still attack. So your summons still act as meat shields while you dish out the damage. Personally, I think I'll be using dagger and warhorn. Maximum life stealing that way, and necromancers can be absurdly powerful tanks.

...Where did I say you couldn't make a horde? I was talking about the differing styles of gameplay between the two iterations of MM.
---
Dynamic Sig Says: http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/9714176.jpg