Addons

#1WindnCloud29Posted 2/5/2012 11:25:14 AM
I never played Guild Wars but I don't think it has addon support but anyone think Guild Wars 2 will be able to support addons and UI changes?
#2Dragonspawn1319Posted 2/5/2012 11:58:19 AM(edited)
There are ways to make simple changes to gw1 unofficially using texmod; adding things like health bar percentage markers and distance to target indicators on the radar; as well as changes in appearance.

As for gw2 there has been no mention from anet on the subject. Combat is a lot more interactive in gw2, requiring actively dodging attacks and more environmental awareness. You can't simply stand still and spam skills like in older mmo's. Having a bunch of stuff all over your screen may be detrimental to you in the long run. Also, a lot of the addons available for other games (wow) are just not necessary.
---
PSN: GreenBook
#3WindnCloud29(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2012 12:02:22 PM
Fair enough I am just never a fan of the orb health indicator but I'll get used to it sooner or later.
Thanks for the reply.
#4Clouded_FatePosted 2/5/2012 12:13:03 PM(edited)
While addons may not be necessary, I really liked things like xperl that were purely cosmetic.

And I can imagine a DBM type of addon making its way into the game eventually for those that don't understand that fire is bad.
---
Think you possess a higher IQ than the average GFaqs user? Click here to find out!
#5AMonkeyPosted 2/5/2012 12:34:04 PM
As far as I'm aware ANet have said there will be no addon support. The UI of GW2 is good enough that I don't really see changes necessary, and we certainly don't want mods like Deadly Boss Mods or Gear Check.
#6Dragonspawn1319Posted 2/5/2012 12:47:30 PM
super metroid291 posted...
Fair enough I am just never a fan of the orb health indicator but I'll get used to it sooner or later.
Thanks for the reply.

Well, odds are eventually players may very well come out with visual hud alterations through texmod. There are quite a few re-skins available for gw1. Changing the health orb might be tough though considering it's tied into the skillbar.

90% of the time when we get a question about addons it's WoW players demanding the game give them dps meters; so I assumed you were asking about something along those lines.
---
PSN: GreenBook
#7Clouded_FatePosted 2/5/2012 1:49:01 PM
AMonkey posted...
As far as I'm aware ANet have said there will be no addon support. The UI of GW2 is good enough that I don't really see changes necessary
I don't disagree with this but I still think that based on people's personal preferences we may see some GUI mods. As I mentioned before, I wouldn't mind xperl or something of that nature

We certainly don't want mods like Deadly Boss Mods or Gear Check.
At the moment we don't really know how complex DEs will be. I'd imagine that some of the higher ones would require burning down adds, dodging or whatnot. As a result I can see a demand for a DBM style addon to help out those that just dont get it. Not saying that everyone will use them, just saying that I see them as likely being developed.
---
Think you possess a higher IQ than the average GFaqs user? Click here to find out!