Diablo 3 Vs Guild wars 2.

#1markyvarsityPosted 2/22/2012 3:32:49 AM
so what are you guys thoughts about these two in comparison?
#2TheSchrefPosted 2/22/2012 3:33:48 AM
Two different games. Buying them both.
#3Jordo_dPosted 2/22/2012 3:43:12 AM
yeah...they are completely different....GW2 is an MMO....Diablo 3 is more of a Arcade RPG....

getting D3 for free from WoW annual pass

getting GW2 when it comes out for 60 bucks and then F2P

plus D3 is set to release like 3 or so months before GW2 that we know of....and will provide me a way to pass the time til GW2 comes out
---
Now Playing: LoL, WoW, SWTOR,
My Next Titles: Diablo 3, GW2, DotA 2, Bizzard DotA
#4EternalNetherPosted 2/22/2012 3:48:52 AM
Jordo_d posted...
yeah...they are completely different....GW2 is an MMO....Diablo 3 is more of a Arcade RPG....

plus D3 is set to release like 3 or so months before GW2 that we know of....and will provide me a way to pass the time til GW2 comes out

Do you plan to continue with D3 after GW2 releases? If so I'd love to know how you manage your game time. I'd love to dedicate myself to more than one online game at a time, but they tend to be so time consuming I find it impossible, which is why I only play a single MMO at once. I'm wanting Diablo 3 but I know when GW2 comes out I'd probably quit for that, and then D3 would be useless.
---
Caius (FFXIII-2) >> Sephiroth (FFVII)
When it comes down to it he just makes Sephiroth look like little more than a wet noodle.
#5Jordo_dPosted 2/22/2012 3:54:57 AM
EternalNether posted...
Jordo_d posted...

Do you plan to continue with D3 after GW2 releases? If so I'd love to know how you manage your game time. I'd love to dedicate myself to more than one online game at a time, but they tend to be so time consuming I find it impossible, which is why I only play a single MMO at once. I'm wanting Diablo 3 but I know when GW2 comes out I'd probably quit for that, and then D3 would be useless.

i am gonna stop d3 after gw2 comes out....and ill still be paying for WoW...but prob not playing it until that Panda expansion comes out :P....and if that is as rediculous as it sounds and is like Cataclysm ill be cancelling that after my annual pass is up and sticking with gw2 all the way

butttttttt the good thing is....d3 is one of those games u play for like 2 months...u kinda trickle off...and then 4 months later u come back and have fun again for 2 months....so im gonna play it a lot in between d3 and gw2....then when ive done everything i can in gw2 which will prob take a while....ill mix in some d3 here and there
---
Now Playing: LoL, WoW, SWTOR,
My Next Titles: Diablo 3, GW2, DotA 2, Bizzard DotA
#6AzatiSPosted 2/22/2012 3:58:41 AM

markyvarsity posted...
so what are you guys thoughts about these two in comparison?

Bot free 2 play . Both on my buy list.

Diablo 3 alone wont make me NOT buy GW2. Period

#7HajimeNoIppoPosted 2/22/2012 4:09:39 AM
Different Games, but if you want a answer. Guild War 2 blows it out of the water.
#8AmethystEndPosted 2/22/2012 4:20:48 AM

Different Games, but if you want a answer. Guild War 2 blows it out of the water.

Now see, normally, I'd tell a person who posted this that even though they're entitled to their opinion, they shouldn't say things that will provoke trolls.

But I'm quite confident that you'll just dempsey roll through any such trolling. So carry on.
---
The Distant Blue
#960secondAssasinPosted 2/22/2012 4:22:48 AM
hmm, since marky trols the WoW board pretty hard and worships swtor, i wonder how his posts here are gonna shape up.
---
"There is nothing new under EA." - Fony
http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2129159
#10HajimeNoIppoPosted 2/22/2012 4:42:10 AM
AmethystEnd posted...
Now see, normally, I'd tell a person who posted this that even though they're entitled to their opinion, they shouldn't say things that will provoke trolls.

But I'm quite confident that you'll just dempsey roll through any such trolling. So carry on.

Forgive me for not reading the post correctly :)

Diablo3 will be a good game, but it will never live up to the Hype. The Graphics already look dated, while this is not a problem since most old system users can experience it. People with newer computers will never push it to the brink.

I Liked the Auction House idea in wow, but adding Real Life currency to the one in Diablo is a bad move.

Wow pvp was ruined the day Arena come into play, So its another bad choice for Diablo.

I can not fault Guild Wars 2 as of Yet, since most of the ideas are fun and will work.