ganking vs ganking vs ganking

#1prevoraPosted 3/12/2012 3:32:54 PM

oh i can see it now , large warbands of 30 to 60 people roaming the lands ganking anything in sight . 

if any of you remember the glory days of daoc , you can be asured to expect the very same thing will happen in this game when it comes to world vs world vs world .

so i have to ask

are you a fan of this ? or no ?

for me i loved daoc in rvr when it got crazy with the amount of people it took just to go after a keep . good times !!!

High  Five !!!!

#2MoFo117Posted 3/12/2012 3:36:35 PM
it's not really ganking if it's a pvp match...
---
http://www.last.fm/user/MoFo117
GT: OCT0CAT
#3MBO-SephyPosted 3/12/2012 3:37:50 PM
It is if there's a mob of 30+ people going after stragglers around the map while avoiding the enemy mob.
#4Dragonspawn1319Posted 3/12/2012 3:42:13 PM
I take it you haven't seen just how big the WvW map really is. A server thats just running around in one big mob is going to be really hard pressed to hold enough objectives to maintain a lead in points.

Without mobs breaking apart to cap and hold supply points / caravans, they'll never be able to build siege weapons either.
---
PSN: GreenBook
#5prevora(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2012 3:45:51 PM

there was mention that 500 people will be  capable to play on each side , 1500 people all particapating just to do some wvwvw  , there will be plenty of that , taking out caravans , solo players , ect ...

#6MBO-SephyPosted 3/12/2012 3:58:45 PM(edited)
dseiber83 posted...
I take it you haven't seen just how big the WvW map really is. A server thats just running around in one big mob is going to be really hard pressed to hold enough objectives to maintain a lead in points.

Without mobs breaking apart to cap and hold supply points / caravans, they'll never be able to build siege weapons either.

But that doesn't stop 30 people from mob-blobbing up and assimilating everything they see like a Borg. WvWvW apparently can hold a lot more people than that...and at least in the early days, I have a feeling it'll be several guilds grouping up and trying to claim territory, without really cooperating with one another.

EDIT: this bit didn't belong in this topic. :P
#7TheNeoianOnePosted 3/12/2012 4:08:32 PM
MBO-Sephy posted...
It is if there's a mob of 30+ people going after stragglers around the map while avoiding the enemy mob.

Still isn't ganking.
---
http://deadwinter.cc/
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/1189/dwsig.jpg
#8Dragonspawn1319Posted 3/12/2012 5:14:36 PM
Our definition of zerg is a little different. Fights with 30 people per side are supoosedly considered only a medium sized group.
---
PSN: GreenBook
#9MBO-SephyPosted 3/12/2012 5:29:05 PM
I didn't say 30v30. I said 30 people mobbing up and killing stragglers. AKA 30v1. AKA ganks.
#10yakkacruzPosted 3/12/2012 5:33:56 PM(edited)
a holistic definition of "gank" refers to an offensive measure that is overwhelmingly disproportionate to expected resistance

it's use can be applied to OARPGs to refer to an assortment of offensive measures where the victim(s) lose something of desirable value, whether it's time, items, opportunities, etc., as a result of death, theft, etc., in a manner where their resistance was heavily unfavored versus the perpetrator(s)
---
. . . I'm a genius, not an engineer! - Aramis