Anyone else like the changes they made to the Mesmer compared to GW1?

#1Switch2Nine6Posted 3/14/2012 5:21:26 AM
They seem to have gone from every day generic casters to a really unique and cool combination of swords/awesome beam spells and really cool, unique abilities like mirror image/portal etc

They really stand out from all the other classes in my eyes and I'm really happy with how they have changed them from how they were in GW1 (They seemed like boring generic casters with different coloured spells to the elementalists to me :P)

I've been having a really hard time deciding what class to play.. but I think Mesmer may be it.
#20cu_87Posted 3/14/2012 5:30:52 AM
Dunno I haven't played GW1 but I still cannot decide between necro and mesmer.
---
Currently waiting for: Dragon's Dogma, Guild Wars 2
#3Switch2Nine6(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2012 5:32:35 AM
0cu_87 posted...
Dunno I haven't played GW1 but I still cannot decide between necro and mesmer.

Every class looks so damn great, it's gunna be tough
#4Gunther482Posted 3/14/2012 6:20:41 AM
Yeah. I have a four way tie so far on what class I want to play. It's either going to be a Necro, Ele, Warrior, or Guardian. I'm kinda leaning towards the Guardian or Necro though.
#5OreogasmsPosted 3/14/2012 6:54:22 AM
Gunther482 posted...
Yeah. I have a four way tie so far on what class I want to play. It's either going to be a Necro, Ele, Warrior, or Guardian. I'm kinda leaning towards the Guardian or Necro though.

Same here, I'm stuck in a rut...
I wanted to play a Necro at first, but then saw Mesmer videos which got me excited for that profession. Then I wanted to be a Thief due to stealth and their mechanics, but then I recently saw a video of a Warrior that caught my attention. :/
---
PSN: Oreogasms
LoL: Misbelief
#6JebSkatr2Posted 3/14/2012 7:00:38 AM
For awhile the only class I had no interest in was Ranger, and now after having seen some beta videos, honestly I may main a ranger for pvp.
#7xmrhanPosted 3/14/2012 7:00:38 AM
I actually don't like the change they made to the mesmer. In GW1, the mesmer was actually the only innovative class in pvp. A good/bad mesmer in pvp could easily make/ or break the match. Now they are just generic casters like all of the other classes
#8Diogo_SkyfusionPosted 3/14/2012 7:15:15 AM
Mesmers were never, ever, generic mage classes.
---
http://diogo-als.blogspot.com/
^^ My blog (em Portugues)
#9RasBrigginsPosted 3/14/2012 7:52:46 AM
If I'm able to unlock any of the ranger pets in the halls of monument then thats what I'll be, if not..... I'll still probably go ranger.
#10FonyPosted 3/14/2012 7:56:36 AM
topic is bad. very bad.
---
It's not the end of the world, but we can see it from here.
http://i40.tinypic.com/f43dx.jpg