Best Race+ Profession Combinations

#1jichino12Posted 3/28/2012 9:40:55 PM
What are the best race and profession combinations?
Sylvari look like they would be good rangers
Charr= Warriors/Guardians
Asura=?(possibly one of the magic prof./thief/engineer)
Norn=Guardians/Warriors
Human=All-rounderss
---
War is our sculptor. And we are prisoner to its design.
#2darksoulpriestPosted 3/28/2012 9:48:35 PM
Other than racial elites (which are weaker than profession-specific elites), there are no differences in regards to race.
---
Dynamic Sig Says:
#3TheTykPosted 3/28/2012 9:56:13 PM
This isn't Elder Scrolls. Pick what race you think is cool and then pick what profession you think is cool. No other race will have an advantage over you.
---
Xbox Live/Guild Wars/Steam: The Tyk
#4scrappybristolPosted 3/28/2012 9:56:40 PM
darksoulpriest posted...
Other than racial elites (which are weaker than profession-specific elites), there are no differences in regards to race.

Although the Hounds of Balthazar on a Ranger is pretty friggin neat.
---
You're all sheep.
#5PijinzPosted 3/28/2012 10:04:09 PM
There are other racials as well as elites. Humans have an extra healing ability for example. But these are all no better than the class abilities.

Other than maybe that Charzooka thing...
#6CruxisInhibitorPosted 3/28/2012 10:10:04 PM
Pijinz posted...
There are other racials as well as elites. Humans have an extra healing ability for example. But these are all no better than the class abilities.

And the fact that Norn racials blow chunks...i really hope they do something with those before launch. By far, they are the dumbest. Also, Charr's racials make them look silly if played on any other class but Thief, Warrior, or Engineer. Not happy with some stuff i've seen and it really is very late in the game for A-net to be putting in much more content or significant changes.
---
http://mattypokes.webs.com : Black FC: 2322 5597 1384
Currently Playing: Okami, DQIX,Twilight Princess, FFTA2
#7oshkoshbjoshPosted 3/28/2012 10:25:48 PM
Pijinz posted...

Apparently the Charzooka is actually pretty weak in comparison to the class elites as well.

Totalbiscuit mentioned how he talked to the devs about it in one of his videos, according to them the racial abilities were intended to be flashier but less efficient. I'm still probably gonna make a Charr just so I can use the Charzooka though.
---
We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that death will tremble to take us.
Pokemon White FC: 0046-6707-6929
#8sean434Posted 3/28/2012 10:31:54 PM
CruxisInhibitor posted...
Pijinz posted...

And the fact that Norn racials blow chunks...i really hope they do something with those before launch. By far, they are the dumbest. Also, Charr's racials make them look silly if played on any other class but Thief, Warrior, or Engineer. Not happy with some stuff i've seen and it really is very late in the game for A-net to be putting in much more content or significant changes.

Then don't buy the game.
#9ArghIAmDeadPosted 3/29/2012 4:35:17 AM
The racials are supposed to add flavor at best, and not be anything you can really utilize as well as a class ability. They are also disabled for PVP, so the are really only there for fun.
#10random_noobiePosted 3/29/2012 4:41:11 AM
CruxisInhibitor posted...
Pijinz posted...

arenanet isn't afraid to keep pushing the game back until they feel its ready. plus, balance changes are always happening. hell, iirc, balance changes are still happening to GW1, albeit most of them are minor ones.
---
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
LoL IGN: nvmvoidrays