Serial code

#1Godhand401Posted 4/11/2012 7:09:27 AM
has anyone pre-purchased/pre-ordered from best buy and still not gotten their code to register for game betas?
#2MCInfinito3Posted 4/11/2012 9:48:55 AM
Finally, someone else who pre-purchased through BB. I have not gotten anything from Best Buy after placing my order, and I have already sent an email to GW2 explaining the situation and where the heck to find the serial code. As soon as I hear anything, I'll let you know.

It's kinda frustrating that nearly everyone is buying from GameStop and nobody's explaining what to do if we pre-purchase through BB
---
"If you need to zap-fry your poptarts before heading out the door, you might want to loosen up your schedule" - Brian Regan
#3scarlettfever04Posted 4/11/2012 10:14:07 AM
i think i saw something on the twitter that said best buy codes would go out on friday?
#4DraconisRexPosted 4/11/2012 10:26:53 AM
MCInfinito3 posted...
Finally, someone else who pre-purchased through BB. I have not gotten anything from Best Buy after placing my order, and I have already sent an email to GW2 explaining the situation and where the heck to find the serial code. As soon as I hear anything, I'll let you know.

It's kinda frustrating that nearly everyone is buying from GameStop and nobody's explaining what to do if we pre-purchase through BB

I sorry you're having problems. But, honestly, Best Buy is dying. So they're probably floating on your purchase money. Float, in the case, is an accounting term for the amount of time a company holds money without passing it on to their vendors. When BB sells a digital copy, the immediately owe NCSoft the wholesale amount.

BUT, if they don't send you your code... Then NCSoft doesn't know it's sold... So BB uses your money while stretching out its AP (accounts payable) cycle. Eventually it'll catch up with them... But not today.

It's to the point now that they're peaking at over $10 billion AP. In 2007, with better sales, it was under $8 billion...

Anyway, best to move to Steam, Amazon, etc. Best Buy is, at this point, a big-box dinosaur with atrocious customer service and support.
---
If you download hacked games to not pay for them. You're a thief. Period.
#5Duke DarkwoodPosted 4/11/2012 11:10:25 AM
Except that Best Buy is not primarily a game retailer. It sells everything from home entertainment to personal computers to appliances - and that's NOT counting its array of portable goods, or media used for the other things they sell (CDs, movies, games, other PC software).

I'm not saying they don't have competition in those markets. They do - and in certain areas, good competition.

I am saying that any claim that Best Buy is going to sink or swim based on its sales of video games is perhaps just a bit farfetched, don't you think?
---
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann
#6erk13Posted 4/11/2012 12:07:54 PM
Best buy never prints anything or gives you your code I should know I work there.
---
Pokemon White Friend Code: 2279 6579 7539 Trainer Name: Ty
Pokemon Diamond Friend Code: 0044 5559 2909 Trainer Name: Tanner
#7steker16Posted 4/11/2012 12:16:44 PM
buying pc games at best buy

lmao
---
nomnomnom
#8deathclaimedsoulPosted 4/11/2012 12:19:40 PM
I am saying that any claim that Best Buy is going to sink or swim based on its sales of video games is perhaps just a bit farfetched, don't you think?

I'm pretty sure nobody was claiming that. The claim was that Best Buy is already sinking (which is true) and that they're using whatever sales they can get (including video game sales) to try and stay afloat as long as they can.
#9Godhand401(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2012 12:25:55 PM
just found out BB isn;t the onyl retailer that people are having trouble getting a code from the GW2 team says they are trying to work it out, and yeah this will probably be the last time I buy games from BB -.- I prefer peace of mind rather then stressing over them getting me my codes for whatever game I might buy from them
#10MCInfinito3Posted 4/11/2012 5:25:33 PM
I agree that Best Buy will be closing up in a matter of time. I've even seen some employees on their forums saying that they aren't even doing the pre-purchase, and I knew that would be a sketchy purchase at best. The only reason I did it through them was because I have a bunch of gift cards/award certificates that I wanted to use. The game itself was nothing out-of-pocket for me. That's what I get I guess for being cheap :(
---
"If you need to zap-fry your poptarts before heading out the door, you might want to loosen up your schedule" - Brian Regan